PLEASE I need your help!!

Options
Ok... I'm working really hard to reach a weight where I can feel both healthy and happy, but I seem to have hit a plateau! I was slowly shedding the pounds but now have been at war with the scale for more than a week. Arg

here's a little bit of background... I'm a 5'10" 35 year old female. I'm quite active in that I play sports at a high intensity 3 times per week and spend another 3 days per week at the gym doing both cardio and weights. I also have a fairly physical job...

On average I burn 2500* calories per week and eat about 8000 calories.

* this is HRM calories, not the ridiculous reading that the treadmill gives (which is usually double this!)

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??? :frown:

Replies

• missouri_rain
    missouri_rain Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Nothing is wrong, I believe it just takes your body time to catch up and get use to a new weight......back away from the scale and pay more attention to the way you feel and how your cloths fit, it's all good.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You may not be eating enough. 8000 for the week is that before or after you burn 2500 calories?
  • watagole
    watagole Posts: 6
    Options
    8000 consumed is before burning 2500.
  • SuzanneRogers
    SuzanneRogers Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You are not eating enough, your body thinks you are starving. You are averaging 785 calories a day after exercise. You need to be eating your burned calories to lose the weight or at least within 100-200 of the daily allowed calories.
  • saligator
    saligator Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    maybe you're gaining more muscle?? i agree, take no notice of the scales for awhile and focus on how your clothes fit and your energy levels.

the main thing is DON'T GIVE UP!!!!