40+ Weightloss club

2»

Replies

• jzymom
    jzymom Posts: 9 Member
    apr21324 wrote: »
    Reading through all your stories I feel a sense of familiarity. I’m 41 with two children - ages 17 & 19 so I can’t really blame anything on them anymore 😞 I had always been able to maintain between 150-160 pounds for years until about 4 years ago. At that time I decided to get an IUD. I started gaining weight suddenly and had a number of other issues. Had the IUD removed about 3 months later but my weight continued to skyrocket! The last 2-3 years I’ve hovered between 180-190 and for the life of me I cannot seem to lose weight!! I am 5’5” and 189 today. I would be happy to just see 160s again and appreciate any advice and accountability anyone can offer 😊

Hi there! We are both trying to lose the same about of weight. We can keep each other accountable. We can do this!!!!!
  • jzymom
    How do I become a member of this group, please? Thank you for your help!
  • nanastaci2020
    nanastaci2020 Posts: 1,072 Member
    Calorie counting/logging has been my secret weapon. I don't know what your eating habits are, but when I'm NOT tracking: I do a lot of higher calorie snacks and meals & fast food. Those calories add up! And I have to set activity goals. I'm at a desk job normally, and not very active in my hobbies. (My hobbies would include soaking in a hot bath while reading a book!) So I did some math/calculations and figured out that for ME - at goal weight and with only 'normal' daily activity my maintenance calories would be 1400-1500. While I can eat there when I make the effort, that is not something I want to do permanently every day for the rest of my life. And walking feels good. So I walk, outside when I can or inside on a treadmill. And that moves my maintenance calories up to a more respectable level of 1800-1900.
    Reading through all your stories I feel a sense of familiarity. I’m 41 with two children - ages 17 & 19 so I can’t really blame anything on them anymore 😞 I had always been able to maintain between 150-160 pounds for years until about 4 years ago. At that time I decided to get an IUD. I started gaining weight suddenly and had a number of other issues. Had the IUD removed about 3 months later but my weight continued to skyrocket! The last 2-3 years I’ve hovered between 180-190 and for the life of me I cannot seem to lose weight!! I am 5’5” and 189 today. I would be happy to just see 160s again and appreciate any advice and accountability anyone can offer 😊

• nanastaci2020
    jzymom wrote: »
    How do I become a member of this group, please? Thank you for your help!

We can all add each other as 'friends' so we see each other's feed/wall posts. I've accepted a few already. And we can post updates, gripes, questions, etc. here in this thread.

I have NOT done anything useful (outside of job-work I mean) today. About to pick up something for lunch, and then will walk some at my desk this afternoon. Walking some (slowly, about 2.0-2.5mph) for 45-60 minutes during my work day & walking 2-3 miles briskly at home in the evenings is my current agenda.
  • apr21324
    apr21324 Posts: 715 Member

Hi there! We are both trying to lose the same about of weight. We can keep each other accountable. We can do this!!!!!

Sounds great!! You can never have enough accountabilibuddies 😊
  • apr21324
    Just to share what I am doing (currently)….I use the Transform App to log my food. Started that last Monday. I also use the M1M app to keep me moving throughout the day as I also have a desk job, but still working remotely until after July 4th. With the transform app, I eat what they tell me which has me carb cycling and calories relatively high right now to activate my metabolism. I aim for 6 days of walking on the treadmill or being active for at least 45 minutes plus integrating strength training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Last week I hit 4 days being active but all 3 days of strength so I call that a win!! I have also used the Diet Bet app in the past. That helps with accountability because money is on the line, however, it makes me feel terrible when I lose - which was more often than I won!
  • nanastaci2020
    I used the Step Bet app a while back - until my goals in the challenges got too high lol. (Each challenge they went higher!) I'm in that scenario where I only have a 'little' weight to lose, so not enough for the Diet Bet or Healthy Wage options. I think with Healthy Wage one needs to commit to losing 10% minimum of their body weight over 6-18 months, and I don't need to lose that much.
    Just to share what I am doing (currently)….I use the Transform App to log my food. Started that last Monday. I also use the M1M app to keep me moving throughout the day as I also have a desk job, but still working remotely until after July 4th. With the transform app, I eat what they tell me which has me carb cycling and calories relatively high right now to activate my metabolism. I aim for 6 days of walking on the treadmill or being active for at least 45 minutes plus integrating strength training on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Last week I hit 4 days being active but all 3 days of strength so I call that a win!! I have also used the Diet Bet app in the past. That helps with accountability because money is on the line, however, it makes me feel terrible when I lose - which was more often than I won!

• jzymom
    Devil_Dawg wrote: »
    Always looking to be supportive and fir support too. I would like to drop 20 pounds by November

20 pounds by November!!!! Let’s gooooooooo!!!!

• apr21324
    Devil_Dawg wrote: »
    Always looking to be supportive and fir support too. I would like to drop 20 pounds by November

20 pounds by November!!!! Let’s gooooooooo!!!!

Oh I would looovvvveee to lose 20# by November!!
  • apr21324
    ah9ju0znjnr0.jpeg
  • jzymom
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!!! I am 48 and just figured out by looking at my weight log that I have gained 20lbs in a year. My goal is to lose about 70lbs!!! I am going to take it 10lbs at a time.

10 pounds at a time is a great idea!! That’s a better way to achieve your goal! We are here for you…cheering you on!!!!
  • CatAlii
    CatAlii Posts: 87 Member
    wtbarunner wrote: »
    Hi Everyone!!! I am 48 and just figured out by looking at my weight log that I have gained 20lbs in a year. My goal is to lose about 70lbs!!! I am going to take it 10lbs at a time.

I could have written this! I am also 48, gained 20 lbs this year, and would like to lose about 70 lbs more. I've been working on it in a 5lbs at a time mindset so far and am down 15lbs.

This post is so timely. Please feel free to friend me if anyone is looking for buddies to keep each other accountable, supported, and encouraged.
  • curlyt0es
    curlyt0es Posts: 7 Member
    I'm 41 and definitely looking to unload the 15 or so pounds I put on during the pandemic. MFP and calorie-counting has worked well for me in the past, as long as I keep it up. Friend me / include me in this group if you'd like!
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    40 here, three kids although my youngest is 17. I've reallllly let myself go over the years and am looking to get back into the swing of things!
  • jzymom
    Welcome to the group! We’re all in this together!!
  • carrielg13
    carrielg13 Posts: 3 Member
    Hey everyone. I'm 44, have 3 kids (well, the baby is almost 18, so not really kids anymore). My weight loss journey has been a rollercoaster ride for as long as I can remember. I lose it and gain it back...and repeat. I'd love some friends for motivation and accountability.
  • Positively_Me
    Positively_Me Posts: 1,500 Member
    Hi everyone, I’m 43 years old.I’m so glad I found this group. I need all the motivation snd accountability I can get. I’m a mother of 2 boys (23 & 15) I have about 60+ to lose. I want to focus on 60 to get to ONEderland then readjust my goal. This weight loss thing is not new to me. I I’ve always had a weight problem. Struggled to lose weight my whole life. i’ve gained and lost so many times.. hoping this time I can lose and keep it off.

SW:261.8
    CW: 259.0
    MidGW: 199 (hopefully by END of 2021)