MFP not accurate with Fitbit

Options
The last two days I have done near 10,000 steps and no matter what I try I can’t get MFP to update accurate step count. Says I only took 8 steps today. Anyone else having the same problem? How can I fix it?

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I gave up on my Fitbit Versa syncing to MFP. I tried doing all the things, and still couldn't get it to work. However, any info I enter syncs to Fitbit's app, so I just my TDEE on Fitbit's calculations and eat accordingly.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Still known issues with MFP receiving Fitbit syncs.

Announcement on Help page indicates potentially months of issues while it's being fixed.
  • justjenny
    justjenny Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Ugh! That sucks!
  • GigiAgape1981
    GigiAgape1981 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'll be honest, I gave up on my Fitbit Versa syncing to MFP. I tried doing all the things, and still couldn't get it to work. However, any info I enter syncs to Fitbit's app, so I just my TDEE on Fitbit's calculations and eat accordingly.

Ditto. ^^
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Mine was working fine until today. Tracked my steps and calories burned but no distance.
  • toadflaxbex
    toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I was using a versa and was having this issue. I actually changed the timeline on MFP to take it an hour later and that seemed to work. I now have a versa 3 and everything is syncing lovely *touch wood
  • heybales
    Options
    spruitt417 wrote: »
    Mine was working fine until today. Tracked my steps and calories burned but no distance.

There was never a distance given on MFP from Fitbit.
  • heybales
    Options
    I was using a versa and was having this issue. I actually changed the timeline on MFP to take it an hour later and that seemed to work. I now have a versa 3 and everything is syncing lovely *touch wood

You mean the time zone?

That is a good point - years ago when I had issues the final report was my time zones didn't match.
    MFP showed the data packet.

But on both sites - they did display the same time zone.
    And the same Daylight savings time.

But it appeared that Fitbit was making the timezone and time look correct, by using Mountain time behind an hour, but not accounting for daylight savings correctly.

So everything looked correct, but I got usually 1 good sync a day and then that was it. and the packet of info had the wrong header on it - it was a Fitbit issue.

Don't think I ever got around it because Fitbit said it was correct since it appeared correct to me, they never digged.

You changing the timezone probably did same thing.
  • toadflaxbex
    toadflaxbex Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yup exactly that. Daylight savings was the issue
  • spruitt417
    spruitt417 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    spruitt417 wrote: »

There was never a distance given on MFP from Fitbit.

I was talking about distance tracking on the actual fitbit, not what transferred to MFP. Not my first time at this rodeo. My apologies for the misunderstanding