My Doctor Said I Will Never Lose My Weight

Seriously, a heart doctor told me "it's not gonna happen" when I told him my weight-loss plans. So naturally I am doing it. Down 60 pounds so far. 50 more to go. He said it because of my age: 66. What he didn't know is I am getting younger by the day.

Replies

• AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Fantastic job!
  • Mizz_Mo
    Mizz_Mo Posts: 64 Member
    poisonesse wrote: »
    Two words. CHANGE DOCTORS! I had a heart stent put in 8 years ago, at age 61...first meeting with my cardiologist a month later and he asked me to lose 20 pounds. He said more would be good, but 20 just to give it a try. I'm now down 45 pounds and reached goal a few years ago. Now I just maintain (though I DID add 15 pounds of that danged Covid weight), and at ALL times through the years, my cardiologist has been behind me, giving tips, offering suggestions... and at NO time did he give the impression that he didn't think I could do it. So yeah... CHANGE DOCTORS!

I agree with 'poisonesse', you need to change doctors. If your doctor knows you well enough that s/he knew you would do the exact opposite of what s/he recommended (based on your previous history) that doctor may have been challenging you. If this is not the case, you need to find a new doctor.

If this was a legit statement with no regard to your medical history, then also go to Vitals.com and write a review so others can avoid this one.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!