Abdominal

Options

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    PAV8888 wrote: »
    vanmep wrote: »
    The OP has told us that she is having trouble building abs, that her net calories are 542 and she has posted a pic of an extremely lean person. The numbers might not be 100% accurate, but the story is being told nevertheless and it is not a healthy one. OP if your net calories are 542, your body will be “eating” your muscles and you will not be able to build abs.

if OP didnt have abs then OP wouldnt be able to stand up straight.

yes your body eats muscle if you do not eat enough protein and use the muscle often, we all have abs. under our body fat. you just need a very low body fat in order to see it. Thats why they are so hard to achieve.

I don't debate that the OP may be under eating to build muscle but if the OP was in a defiict then they would have abs by now.

you are asuming that the tracking is accurate which it probably isn't.

if you eat in a deficit for long enough you will die. before that you will see your abs and then your bones and your spine.

I've seen at least one person die from being unable to eat/absorb nutrients while their muscles were breaking down and they became skeletal and there were no abs showing.

Even without going to that extreme, I have certainly seen pictures of VERY slim women without the really visible ab definition...presumably because they just eat so little but don't strength train, or strength train smartly.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,927 Member
    Options
    I strongly suggest an online search on how to photograph six pack abs.

There were at least a couple of interesting YouTube videos.

There were also predatory websites where plastic surgeons who remind me of the vet who didn't put a tourniquet on my bleeding dog till they had their $1,000 deposit sell abdominal etching surgeries
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    I have posted and erased this several times the past couple of days.

MFP forums helped me achieve better health and I like to believe that I pay this forward by participating.

The picture shows a lean and healthy individual.

I don't see how attempting to lose fat to reach the stated goals will help improve this individual's health.

When goals start to conflict with health I know which one I believe should be chosen as a priority.

Yes. Let's not forget, there is a genetic component to 6 pack abs as well. I have seem multiple guys get pretty damn lean and barely have visible abs, but it is obtainable.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    OP if you're NETTING 542 calories, then you're likely not going to lose any more body fat. You NEED more calories than that daily just for the body to perform optimally. Eating this low and already being lean as you are is a recipe for killing your RMR. Now again that IS if your actually counting of calories is correct. And that's where honesty becomes imperative. Do you accurately count or wing it? Do you weigh for food for the most accuracy? Do you consider any foods "free" and not count them?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I have posted and erased this several times the past couple of days.

MFP forums helped me achieve better health and I like to believe that I pay this forward by participating.

The picture shows a lean and healthy individual.

I don't see how attempting to lose fat to reach the stated goals will help improve this individual's health.

When goals start to conflict with health I know which one I believe should be chosen as a priority.
    Yep.
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    https://youtube.com/c/Pernillaschannel
    Pernilla posts what she eats and how she works her abs to get that 6 pack. May not be for everyone, but you might like her channel.
  • rebeccap2021
    rebeccap2021 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I wasn’t speaking to the people whom were helpful @ninerbuff I’m speaking to the woman to be honest with you and not the trainers that are woman the ones that are just very mean and I’m assuming miserable with themselves to diagnose me with being unhealthy! Why would you think I was speaking to you?
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @DancingMoosie thabj you I will look at it now 😊
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @DancingMoosie omg so I subscribed to her and havnt even looked at her exercises the first thing I went to was her food protein cheesecake SHUTUP I need to bake this!!! All her yummy recipes are insane!! 🙌🏼🙌🏼🙌🏼 Thank you ❤️
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @showjeff 😌 thank you for understanding. Means a lot in a mean world sometimes. I just want advise on muscular abdominals. Some people on this thread were super helpful and others are just assuming other than that I did get quite a phew pointers. I think it’s from the excessive yasso yogurt pops I devour at night that are keeping fat over my abs as I learned from one person and I need to stop with the night eating on sugars 🤦🏻‍♀️😳
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    @showjeff 😌 thank you for understanding. Means a lot in a mean world sometimes. I just want advise on muscular abdominals. Some people on this thread were super helpful and others are just assuming other than that I did get quite a phew pointers. I think it’s from the excessive yasso yogurt pops I devour at night that are keeping fat over my abs as I learned from one person and I need to stop with the night eating on sugars 🤦🏻‍♀️😳

@rebeccap2021 You are most welcome... I am laughing a little because I stay stocked up on Yasso bars.. They are so good! Got one in my diary today :p
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    To the OP.. keep doing what you're doing. You look awesome!

The people who constantly post and reply (we all know who they are...) have missed their prime.. they probably wish they would have reached their goals much younger in life.. but you have!!

Trust me on this.. I've been here long enough to see them come and see them go.

Keep up the good work !
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @jak1958 thanks so much! I’m strong willed and a spit fire 🔥 @kshama2001 I definitely am not going that far back. I’m all set with that lol.. also no I eat 1200 calories a day and I do not eat 300 calories or so that I burned off that would be ridiculous. But thanks for the concern.
  • rebeccap2021
    Options
    @janejellyroll i love that profile name. Yes I do know that but that is just me that’s how I’ve been since my twenties. 😉😊