What book are you reading right now? Recommend or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• GameOfPounds
    GameOfPounds Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "A Storm of Swords" book 1 by George R.R. Martin.
    It's amazing and I would recommend it if you have already watched the show or read the previous books :happy:
  • PhoenixStrikes
    PhoenixStrikes Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    A Separate Peace and I have no idea since I'm still on the first couple pages.
  • myfitnesspaller
    myfitnesspaller Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Joyland

NOS4A2
  • Raw_Bean
    Raw_Bean Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Breath of Snow and Ashes - Diana Gabaldon (part of the Outlander Series)

HIGHLY Recommend it and the series!

I just finished this (again) this morning. Breath of Snow and Ashes is the hardest one for me to get through when I re-read the series but these are my favorite books.

Immediately re-started An Echo in the Bone while I am eagerly aticipating the March release of Written In My Own Hearts Blood!!

I started the series a year ago. I flew through the first four books, but the fifth was the hardest for me to get through. It took me from January to July to finish The Fiery Cross, it had good parts but it dry and slow moving. I did have quite a lot going during these months too but not enough to take that long to read a book. I'm making my way through Breath of Snow and Ashes fairly quickly, I'm off this week and hope to finish it up and get started on Echo in the Bone. I'm totally in love with the series.
  • DeeDeeMee
    DeeDeeMee Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    The Dreaming Void by Peter F Hamilton. Sci Fi, and if you like that genre you HAVE to read his books! The only problem is that he's such a great author he spoils everything else.
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Just read The Rosie Project and then Me Before You
    Recommend both. Cried reading the latter.
  • jennpaulson
    jennpaulson Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Breath of Snow and Ashes - Diana Gabaldon (part of the Outlander Series)

HIGHLY Recommend it and the series!

I just finished this (again) this morning. Breath of Snow and Ashes is the hardest one for me to get through when I re-read the series but these are my favorite books.

Immediately re-started An Echo in the Bone while I am eagerly aticipating the March release of Written In My Own Hearts Blood!!

I started the series a year ago. I flew through the first four books, but the fifth was the hardest for me to get through. It took me from January to July to finish The Fiery Cross, it had good parts but it dry and slow moving. I did have quite a lot going during these months too but not enough to take that long to read a book. I'm making my way through Breath of Snow and Ashes fairly quickly, I'm off this week and hope to finish it up and get started on Echo in the Bone. I'm totally in love with the series.

A year ago? I wish! I started reading this series 15 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter. Just wait till you get the new one in March, finish it in less than a week and then have to wait 4 years for the next one. Ugh!

The first time I read A Breath of Snow and Ashes I did it in less than a week but I've read the whole series several times since then and while I love the book there are parts (I won't give any away) that I dread so I put the book down and don't pick it back up for sometimes weeks at a time.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    The Road Less Travelled ... Life changing ...
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    My son doesn't allow me time to read :(

I know the feeling.

Currently reading Enders Game by Orson Scott Card - my OH is making me read it before the movie comes out. It's ok but not really my cup of tea.
  • AstroRocket
    AstroRocket Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I just started on the "Artemis Fowl" collection, pretty good so far.

EDIT:
    My favourite book ever "The truth about Ruby Valentine". This one is perhaps more for the ladies though.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    The Singularity Is Near:When Humans Transcend Biology-Ray Kurzweil

Recommend or not?Probably recommend, because it is thought provoking, even if the authors concepts are a little bit dubious at times.

Awesome - I did my dissertation on how science fiction's treatment of the Singularity has evolved over time, focussing mainly on Isaac Asimov, Philip K. **** and William Gibson. It is the most interesting subject ever: researching and writing it about 18 months ago was one of the most fun things I've done ... :)
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    The Gunslinger by Stephen King. I would most definitely recommend this.
  • jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    City of Fallen Angels
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Joyland

NOS4A2

Yay a King/Hill fan! Or I hope you are a King fan anyway.
  • laurenevamarkie
    Options
    I've just started The City of Bones by Cassandra Clare from The Mortal Instruments series. But I'm also half way through A Dance of Dragons by George R.R. Martin from A Song of Ice and Fire series.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm reading "A Storm of Swords" book 1 by George R.R. Martin.
    It's amazing and I would recommend it if you have already watched the show or read the previous books :happy:

Same here, almost done with it. I'd recommend it even if you haven't watched the show (it differs a bit) but of course after reading the first two.
  • andiebaco
    andiebaco Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Distant Hours - Kate Morton.

I read Kate's Secret Keeper, and though the first chapters are quite slow, and I was close to give up on the book, I kept going.. Until it trapped me! So good!

This one seems to be like that.. The first chapters, the lady who narrates annoyed me (similar as in Secret Keeper), but it shifted and so far it's good!

(I usually read them on my iphone while I'm doing my daily 40 min cardio warm out at the gym haha don't judge!)
  • themeIcanbe
    Options
    Just read The Rosie Project and then Me Before You
    Recommend both. Cried reading the latter.

Loved The Rosie Project!
  • SoLiveItUp
    SoLiveItUp Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Lucky - Alice Sebold

Really good and you're hooked from the first page.
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    A Clash of Kings by George R.R. Martin. I love the Game of Thrones series on tv. This is actually a reward for my husband losing 5 kilos. I promised to read this book and discuss it to death with him. So far I'm loving it.