Wanting to delete items from my food list - more pages than I thought?

tracymayo1
tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
So because I first started this program in 2016 I have A LOT of foods in my frequent tab and my meals tabs that I don't want anymore.
I started to delete them from the FREQUENT tab - which showed 4 pages when I started - but it keeps giving me more options.. I have deleted the equivalent of 10 pages - sorted by name - but then I get more.
And it isn't giving me for example ALL my A foods.. It gives me a page from A to Z I delete it - then another page from A to Z takes its place and I delete IT - and get another page (so on and so on)
Can't there be a SELECT ALL button for this?

Then there is the MY Foods list - I can't remove ANYTHING from that list at all... delete isn't even an option...

I want to put only the ACTUAL recent foods on my list - I would even START over now -but that option isn't available.
I tried to find something in the Support section to post this - but the page it takes you to now wasn't giving me any options to post a question.

There has to be a better way than clicking EACH selection one by one not even knowing how many entries are left to delete - seeing as I cannot sort ALL by name - or even see the page count at the bottom of my page?

Seems so archaic for a program to not have this basic option in 2021....

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,393 Member
    Why are you so worried about it? If you sort by recent usage as you use new foods the old ones will go away. The same applies to alphabetical sort as the slots allocated to each letter go away when more and more items using that letter are added.

What you're doing is just resurfacing older and older food choices to the beginning of when you first started logging.

The most frequent food list that is so frustrating you right now is also one of the comparative advantage speed logging plusses of MFP as I've discovered now that I'm using a different site to log. One where recent items are not surfaced as readily.

Sort by last used and you will get newer items first.

Sort by name and your newer choices starting with that letter will slowly displace older ones. You don't have to actively manage the most recent list.

MY foods is a different story. You may be better able to manipulate it from the web site as opposed to the app. You may have to reload the page or log-off, log on before you see changes you've made.

/caveat: things may have changed since I've last used them
  • DeterminedDivaMN
    DeterminedDivaMN Posts: 20 Member
    edited May 2021
    Deleting a food from the My Food list is pretty fast on an iOS device. Access the list and then swipe left and click Delete. (I was first looking in the Edit window and then just tried swiping the item in the list.) Anyhow, it was fast and after I deleted my item below, it was gone immediately. 🙂

717tek0ctk02.jpeg
    1rpi3lg0gi7v.jpeg

• DeterminedDivaMN
    DeterminedDivaMN Posts: 20 Member
    I also found this by searching in the FAQs, which also talks about blacklisting foods depending on where you delete them from.

How do I remove a food from my "Most Recent" or "Frequent List"?

To delete items in the iOS and Android app, swipe an item from right to left (iOS) or press and hold on the item (Android) in the "Recent" or "Frequent" view, then tap the "Delete" button when it appears.

To delete Frequent items on the web, log in to our website at https://www.myfitnesspal.com. Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app.

Once you've logged in, click the "Food" tab, then click "Add Food" below the meal whose list you'd like to edit, then click the "Frequent" tab. Check the box next to the items you'd like to remove, then click the "Delete from list" button at the bottom of the page.

Please note that items removed in this way are "blacklisted" from appearing on the list again. In other words, this is not a temporary deletion, but a permanent ban on that foods return to your "Frequent" list. Users who have made a radical change in their eating habits will use this to remove the junk food from their lists, for example.
  • tracymayo1
    tracymayo1 Posts: 445 Member
    I also found this by searching in the FAQs, which also talks about blacklisting foods depending on where you delete them from.

How do I remove a food from my "Most Recent" or "Frequent List"?

To delete items in the iOS and Android app, swipe an item from right to left (iOS) or press and hold on the item (Android) in the "Recent" or "Frequent" view, then tap the "Delete" button when it appears.

To delete Frequent items on the web, log in to our website at https://www.myfitnesspal.com. Mobile app users should log in using the same username and password they use in the app.

Once you've logged in, click the "Food" tab, then click "Add Food" below the meal whose list you'd like to edit, then click the "Frequent" tab. Check the box next to the items you'd like to remove, then click the "Delete from list" button at the bottom of the page.

Please note that items removed in this way are "blacklisted" from appearing on the list again. In other words, this is not a temporary deletion, but a permanent ban on that foods return to your "Frequent" list. Users who have made a radical change in their eating habits will use this to remove the junk food from their lists, for example.

When I go to ADD FOOD from my Diary and swipe in any direction it just takes me to the next TAB option - like Recipes, Meals or My Foods.... I can't delete them that way.
    Anyway I managed to clear all the old crap... when I would sort it by name or anything other than recent it was popping up items from over 6 years ago. It didn't seem to be updating and pushing old stuff out.

Anyway i managed to manually remove everything to have a clear slate.
    thanks for trying to help
  • Rimtimtim
    Rimtimtim Posts: 21 Member
    Personally, I just make a new account every now and then to clean it up.

Mostly because I'm more about easily finding things than keeping a year long record of my eating.
  • 1GFL
    1GFL Posts: 1 Member
    I want to permanently remove items from deleted items list, or empty the list completely. How can I do that?