One Year of Weight Lose

Options
timhoch50
timhoch50 Posts: 11 Member
Here I am, 366 days of logging. 366 days of being mindful of what I'm eating. 366 days of thinking how to get some sort of workout in. 366 days of being a better person, both physically and mentally. 366 days = 30 lbs weight lose, some good streaks, some bad mixed in. But, overall very successful. Now to knock out the remaining 34.
The last time I did this, 8 or 9 years ago I was able to lose 50 lbs in 1 year, started Jan. 1 at 250 and ended on Dec 31 at 200. But that was before kids, before when my life focused on me. Sure, my life then focused on my wife and job, which still has my focus, but kids, WOW! how they change your focus. I was able to go for nice long bike rides during the summer months and burn tons of calories off, now with kids in tow, pulling an extra 30ish lbs of dead weight make it hard. So that has gradually gone off, but it's time to get back to that routine.
Don't get me wrong, I love the stage of life that I'm in, but it sure does take a lot of work. I'm happy and very thankful to have had the progress that I've had, and now time to lose the remaining weight and keep it off for good. It might be hard, but I'm aiming to be at goal if not under next year at this time. Hopefully I can meet my goal well before May 16, 2022.

Replies

• dannmorris
    dannmorris Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I'm rooting for you. You can do whatever you put your mind to do.
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,259 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! Balancing regular life, parenthood and partnerhood has challenges. From the sounds of it, you're making it fit well. It will continue to look different as the years pass. We just have to recognize what isn't working and adapt.

I'm 5 months into my 12 month, 20 pound (hopefully) loss. It's ridiculously slow, but it's allowing me to eat pretty close to maintenance, which is working for me right now. I'd love to get the weight off sooner, reach my "goal weight" sooner, but I'm trying to make this as easy as possible. It sounds like you are as well.

Keep up the great work! You're giving your kids a future dad who will be around to be a part of their lives!
  • FreeFor40
    FreeFor40 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Excellent work, have you thought about doing a 12-15 hour break from your last meal of day to your first? That tip has been a game changer for me.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Kids do change a lot in your life. Great job on your progress! 💪🏽
  • timhoch50
    timhoch50 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you all.
    I started off doing hard75, I lasted about a month and then life happened. Recently, I started doing 16:8 fasting, that was a great restart to everything. I'm trying to get back to it, a few weeks ago we had Teacher Appreciation Week, and I let myself enjoy it as it's been a crazy year teaching. Now that the school year is wrapping up I should be able to get back it and include bike riding more I should be able to drop the weight a bit quicker.
  • antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Well done! I completely agree - I lost about 30lb or so before but I was at university with not many lectures, I could focus on meals just for me, gym time and walking everywhere.

Now 10 years on it's a lot harder balancing it all with 2 kids ! But I'll get there.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!