Mystified by Macros

Options
ev1456
ev1456 Posts: 2 Member
Hello. I've been so committed to a healthier eating routine and habits, and have become very frustrated with zero results. I walk 5 brisk miles every day, plus cycle 10 miles every other day, my steps are never less than 10,000. I also do a lot of DIY and heavy lifting, so I'm pretty active despite the desk job. I think my problem before was that I'd slowed my metabolism down so much by never eating breakfast or lunch, and only eating a reasonable dinner. So I was expecting miracles by starting to each healthy breakfasts and lunches, and smaller healthier dinners, keeping calories around 1200 per day (which meant eating more for me, not less). Several weeks in, and nothing. So bummed out.
I got caught one day recently by a YouTube advert, Vince Saint (I think) talking about weight loss. I did the body styles quiz and found that I am an endomorph. After learning more about what that means (which was super depressing!) I resigned to the fact that I'm obviously eating the wrong foods for my body type. Enter Macros.. I've just upgraded MFP to premium so I can analyse my foods but I'm finding it almost impossible to balance them! Enter one thing here, those categories shoot up (carbs and fat) delete them and enter something else (desperately trying to plan tomorrows foods) and the carbs comes down but the fat goes up even higher. Round and round.

So, if I'm trying for 25% carb, 35% protein, 40% fat recommended for an endomorph to experiment with this alongside my exercise, I need a meal plan and some recipes to follow because trying to guess and fiddle about with foods to see which stat shoots up is driving me nuts.

Can someone please hand me a magic wand, and a meal plan for an endomorph trying to lose fat not muscle! Pretty please and thank you :)

Replies

• Msolberg926
    Msolberg926 Posts: 11 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I am doing the Faster Way to Fat Loss... that is where the magic is by simply just eating/carb cycling/intermittent fasting/exercise. https://www.fasterwaycoach.com/#MichelleSolberg I am not a coach but an ambassador. I believe the next round start May 31, but if you sign up now, you have early access to ALL the recipes, workouts, etc.
    MPF is used as well with this journey. I've never dieted and have always exercises (was a fitness instructor). I'm healthier now than I ever was before. This is very sustainable too. They have meal plans you can follow for Vegan or Non Vegan as well. I'm actually doing the macro % that you listed above for I'm Vegan. the splits will be costume to you and can always be tweaked. Seriously if you want to chat more send me a message!!
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    If you're an active person who was eating less than 1,200 and have excess weight either there are medical issues that you need to get checked out or there is some sort of issue with how you're logging your food.

Logging issues that cause us to eat more than we think we are are actually pretty common -- logging food accurately is not an intuitive skill. But it just doesn't make sense that you would become overweight eating less than 1,200 per day regularly.

The whole "endomorph" thing is junk fitness science . . . it's not based in reality and your body shape doesn't dictate what kind of foods you need to eat to lose weight. Macros are meaningful for nutritional purposes and you do want to make sure you're getting enough things like protein and fat to feel satiated while you're losing weight, but our bodies are very flexible. People can lose weight on all types of plans provided they're sustainable enough for them to consistently create a calorie deficit.

There is no "endomorph" diet plan because it's not a meaningful classification.