Macros

Hi, brand new here, I am so confused over macros, how do I know what ratio of carbs, fat and protein to eat?! I am doing different les mills workouts and walk around 4 times a week, my goal is to lose weight and tone up, I'm quite happy with the exercise side but am at a loss with nutrition!!

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Why not leave it at the standard settings for now and see how you feel with it? If you find you're too hungry then there are several things you can do:
    change macros: some people feel more full on more protein, others fat, and again other carbs. You need to find out what works for you.
    eat more: people are quick to chose the fastest weightloss rate, while it's not always appropriate. If you get 1200 calories as a woman, or 1500 as a man your goal is likely too aggressive and you won't meet it as those numbers are the lowest that MFP will give you regardless.
    Btw, MFP is set up such that you're supposed to log and eat back your exercise calories. That also gives you more food. As exercise calories are often very overstated most people recommend to start with eating back 50%
  • thisvickyruns
    thisvickyruns Posts: 193 Member
    Hi, brand new here, I am so confused over macros, how do I know what ratio of carbs, fat and protein to eat?! I am doing different les mills workouts and walk around 4 times a week, my goal is to lose weight and tone up, I'm quite happy with the exercise side but am at a loss with nutrition!!

MFP settings are fine to start off with. Your protein goal should be the minimum you aim for.