Anybody eat junk food fairly regularly and just work it into calorie budget?

I don’t eat junk everyday, but every now and then I’ll head down to Taco Bell and get some beefy laxatives and work it into my calories.

I know a lot of you are health nuts and don’t ever eat “junk”, but I’d really like to hear from other people that eat whatever they want, work it into their calories and still lose weight.

For me anyway, the more restrictive I am the more I tend to fall off the wagon. So when I’m able to work in the foods I like, I tend to stick to it longer

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    39 lbs down and counting. I consider myself to eat mostly healthy 80/20 rule also maybe 90/10 rule for me . But I like sweets and chips, so it sneaks into my weekly or bi weekly calorie range. Can't be deprived of the things I like or this won't work.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    Yes. Not as frequently as once a day. More frequently than once a week.
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Can't be deprived of the things I like or this won't work.

These are great ideas....
    No shame in enjoying treat foods. I have always been annoyed by people who worry or claim "cheat days" or call certain treats "bad foods"--- The yo-yo weight loss I had done in the past is because I felt like I had been bad, so gave up. I have been maintaining over 30 pounds of weight removal for a little less than one and a half years. Of course, I have developed a real pleasure in fueling myself with many nutritious foods. Sometimes, there has to be a piece of pie, or fried appetizer in there, because life!!!
  • GummiMundi
    GummiMundi Posts: 396 Member
    I don't like the phrasing "junk food", for me food is food. Some more nutritious, sure, but almost everything has a place in my life. If you mean things like burgers, pizza, cookies, etc., yes, I definitely include those in my way of eating. I just learned how to eat less of them, or eat them less frequently. And I'm still losing weight. Strict restrictions wouldn't work for me.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    I rarely eat fast food, but I definitely work wine into my caloric goal!
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,971 Member
    Haven't eaten any "fast food" or had can of a soda for over 5 yrs but I still eat pizza and drink beer.

It's just a matter of eating/drinking in moderation and using MFP to count cals and stay on target.
  • moonangel12
    moonangel12 Posts: 971 Member
    Definitely find what works for you - as long as you are honest with yourself and log it, go for it! My family has a weekly Taco Bell habit - $.99 tacos on Sundays so our family of 6 eats for $20 for lunch after church! (Hubby gets a power bowl because for some reason he can’t eat corn tortilla type stuff anymore). I have a head band that says “will run for chocolate” 😆 peanut M&M’s around around 10 calories each, I would grab a few, log them, and enjoy!
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    edited May 2021
    I eat dark chocolate every day, chips several times a week, pizza, the occasional cookie, donuts, etc. I have take-out breakfast tacos usually every weekend - easy to grab and go when MBH and I are doing yard work on the weekends, especially in the spring/summer when we are getting the planting beds in order and set-up for the summer and keeping them maintained.

No foods are off limits for me (except menudo - and that's because it's gross)... I just make them fit in the daily calories.