Competition?

Options
ron2e
ron2e Posts: 606
.....for MFP, or maybe not. I followed an advert via an MFP page (I know these are tailored largely to you via cookies) for a Diet Website being run by a long established and respected UK Chain of Chemist shops. The website offers -

"Your membership will include...

Personal targets calculated for you
An online food diary with calorie directory for over 100,000 foods
An exercise diary to count calories burned
The option to update your diary from your mobile phone
Charts and graphs to track your weekly progress
Weight loss awards when you hit milestones
Friendly members' forums for encouragement and support
Calorie-counted recipes for meal time inspiration
A recipe calorie calculator for your own meals & recipes"

Sound familiar? Up to this point yes, but read on -

"How much does it cost to join?

There are 3 great value membership options:

3 months £21.99 (around US$35)
6 months £36.99 (around US$58)
12 months £51.99 (around US$81)"

A little bit of further digging found the website was provided and hosted by a company called Nutratech Ltd who provide 'weight loss services' to 'blue chip clients' and there are more, similar, sites.

I don't criticise this at all, anything that helps people lose weight and that they can afford is fine, but I just found another reason to be grateful to MFP and the services they provide free of charge! Thank you MFP!!

Replies

• JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    Friendly members' forums for encouragement and support

Maybe that is worth the premium? :drinker:
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    I don't want friendly members, I want knowledgeable members with a good sense of sarcasm.
  • JUDDDing
    Options
    I don't want friendly members, I want knowledgeable members with a good sense of sarcasm.

Fine.

Can I interest you in, "Weight loss awards when you hit milestones"?
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options

Fine.

Sort of like Fitocracy?
  • JUDDDing
    Options

Fine.

Sort of like Fitocracy?

I'd hope that they are tangible awards for this price.

I used to use Achievemint - they give you cash if you workout enough. Unfortunately, I switched to a different workout app that doesn't integrate with them...
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Nutratech also run boots diets in the UK basically identical but a little cheaper they've been going for years
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Nutratech also run boots diets in the UK basically identical but a little cheaper they've been going for years

FD this is taken straight from the Boots Diet website, so not cheaper!
  • SoonToBeShreddedBrah
    Options
    The only person who can help you lose wait is yourself'; I don't understand why people join these sites, pay money for advice etc etc.. If you need motivation search some youtube videos, talk with others via this website..

Losing weight is not complicated at all, have some f*cking discipline, stop eating trash, excersize and you WILL lose weight it really depends on how badly you want it.
  • jeanywren
    jeanywren Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I am happy with MFP, and the price is right. We have a great support system on here.