Only on day 9 still feel a little behind

Hi, my name is Josh I'm 35 and am very out of shape. My daughter just turned 8 years old and I'm afraid of not being around to see her grow up. So I divided to join this and give my weight lose a real chance. Interested in any advice, would love to join a challenge or just make some friends on the same path as I am.

Replies

• Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    You've got some great motivation, there. Make some friends, log your food, get out for some walks, and watch yourself succeed!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,502 Member
    Weight loss ISN'T linear. So to believe that just because you're doing everything right, the number on the scale should line up with an expected number. You can do the same exact eating, resting, and workout routine one week and do it again the next week and have totally different results on the scale.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,030 Member
    Have you checked out the Challenges part of the Community forums? Lots of different things there you can join in. Direct link here for convenience:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/challenges

There are also sometimes challenges in the Motivation and Support section, linked here:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/categories/motivation-and-support

Wishing you success!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    My daughter just turned 9. My first weigh in I lost nothing and gained nothing. I did not see a positive weigh in for 3 weeks but I never went up or quit. Eventually my weight began lowering. I learned their is a method to weighing. I have to recreate my weigh in circumstances to gauge progress. I weigh in my birthday suit after using the restroom. I lost 7lbs the first 4 weeks after the scale started moving downward. In the following 3 weeks I lost 4lbs and still have 1 week before final weigh in for May. It hasn't been linear or easy and frankly bad weigh ins hurt my feelings. I've lost 2 pant sizes and once I began losing weight I never saw my start weight again. You can do this and good luck.