One thing that I realized is ''Patience'' is important in fitness

Options
Niner Buff said I need some patience. He has a point. I talk about how I work out a lot. I've lost a lot of weight in the last year. But I still have more to go. I've bought a new wardrobe though with smaller size clothes. Now, one thing I must say is that in the last year I lost enough weight to buy new clothes and I didn't even diet.

It's only the last month that I've been seriously focusing on my appetite and diet, in addition to all my working out. And I've got some results, although it's a slow process. And one of the toughest things about this is having patience. We want to have it all now. If I had done both diet and workouts the last year, I might have reached my goal already. But it is what it is.

I think one of the reasons why when people diet, they go extreme, is because they want to have fast results. They don't have the patience to take a long time. But sometimes fast isn't the best for everyone. But being consistent for the long run is probably the best. I remember a long time ago I lost 40 to 50 pounds in 2 months. I was skipping meals, weighing myself 10 times a day, and exercising a lot. However, I remember always being hungry and having headaches, and eventually, the weight came back, and even more so because I was always hungry.

That's one of the reasons I have a hard time with diets. Going on diets reminds me of the time I lost weight and always had headaches and was always feeling weak and hungry. So what I'm trying to do now is just try to adapt to a realistic lifestyle.

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    Options
    I'm sure @ninerbuff will be pleased to have caused you to reflect. Over and beyond sustainable health, may this newfound realization about patience expand into all areas of your life 🙏🏿