Do you cycle volume? How?

Options
For example after deloads, do you cut back on the volume and perhaps just ensure the weight is higher from the previous meso?

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    No.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I don’t do this. What would you be hoping to achieve? Just curious where the idea came from.
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No. I do a reduced volume for de-load week and then do whatever is called for in the next block.
  • Chieflrg
    Options
    I don’t do this. What would you be hoping to achieve? Just curious where the idea came from.

I've seen a low-stress weeks inserted in the middle to near end of techniquely long blocks 8-12 weeks and it allows to bump intensity with either percentage or RPE style programming for specificity to lifters prepping for a meet or just handling higher intensity for a few exposures at the end of a block.

I believe the OP just worded it differently than a typical question for me personally.
  • cupcakesandproteinshakes
    cupcakesandproteinshakes Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Chieflrg wrote: »

I've seen a low-stress weeks inserted in the middle to near end of techniquely long blocks 8-12 weeks and it allows to bump intensity with either percentage or RPE style programming for specificity to lifters prepping for a meet or just handling higher intensity for a few exposures at the end of a block.

I believe the OP just worded it differently than a typical question for me personally.

Ah ok, thanks.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    No - the first session after a deload I go for the weight I was using prior to the deload and then continue progressive overload as usual
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I guess I was just wondering that at the end of mesos, set count gets pretty high...
  • Chieflrg
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Deleted: Answered wrong person