Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) June

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!
We enthusiastically welcome newcomers!
The 3 Big Rules accountability is a regular posting of your:
1) 20 minutes or more of daily exercise;
2) Tracking the caloric intake of both food and beverage;
3) Consuming less than your chosen limit of daily calories

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
And
Those who regularly post throughout the month, are celebrated as UAC Champions
Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options

difakkz9ptag.png

The Ultimate Accountability Challenge (UAC) provides both weight losers and maintainers with incredible accountability partners AND an emphasis on life-changing healthy basic habits.
    This is not the flash-in-the-pan 'biggest anything" short-term challenge. This is the real deal!!

A non-fulfillment of any of the above equals a Pass Day. There are 3 Pass Days allowed per month
    Those who end the month with less than 4 Pass days are celebrated in the monthly Winner's Circle Qualification.
    And
    Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team! https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021
  • RangerRickL
    Options

iqtki8dlwona.png

And
    Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team!https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    Good morning! If you are reading this, you have joined MFP and are currently considering Challenges for support.

Well you have found a great one. I personally first joined the UAC Oct 2020. I was looking for support on losing weight and thought a challenge could help. I joined the UAC because I recognized that components the UAC challenge could help me develop consistency and better habits, which would also assist me during as well as after I accomplished my weight loss. Well the weight came off and I am now a maintainer, which is a skill that for me is more challenging. With the daily accountability of the UAC and support of its community (yes, it is more than a challenge, it is a community), I have survived those maintenance stumbles that in the past would have triggered a spiral which would have led to a weight gain, a frequent occurance in my past.

So, if you are looking for a community that will support you in your journey of weight loss AND beyond, the Ultimate Accountability Challenge is a great choice.

See you in June!!
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,098 Member
    Options
    UAC uses 3 seemingly simple steps to help create habits which will aid your quest for health and fitness. I have been a member for over 2 years, and have been in maintenance for over a year now.
    Join us in our June challenge for accountability, support and encouragement.

Thanks @RangerRickL for keeping us on the right track.
  • snowshoe072
    snowshoe072 Posts: 4,557 Member
    Options
    Hi I hope you are thinking about joining this awesome supportive group of folks from all walks of life. There is so much positive support, great ideas and nice camaraderie with everyone please consider joining our challenge we are all winners in the UAC.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Thank you, @SModa61; @biketheworld; @SummerSkier; @TerriRichardson112; and @snowshoe072
    I appreciate your efforts on behalf of the UAC!!
    Rick
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Please read the team member reviews above, then read below

And
    Join us by clicking on the link and joining our team!https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I've been doing the UAC since December and it has been most helpful to me in developing consistent exercise habits.

If you're struggling for consistency whether it's with food, exercise or both this is the group for you.
  • Chinkiri
    Chinkiri Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    This group is a life saver. Its 3 simple (yet not so simple!) rules keep me on track. Its members are very encouraging and supportive. I put on almost 10 Covid kilos, which I am now trying to get rid of, and then I can get back to losing the other 7! Couldn't do it without the support of the members of this very welcoming community. Looking forward to seeing lots of new members in June!
  • donna25trinity
    donna25trinity Posts: 3,016 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi Guys, UAC is the only group I am a part of on MFP and i love it. I joined in December and hve learnt so much. This group is so positive, motivational and inspiring. There are ppl from all walks of life, different ages and genders yet we all come together to support eachother each and every day and we also provide accountability. I hve shared alot of personal info, my goals and fears etc with this beautiful group of ppl and there is never any judgment! I feel so connected to these ppl and it makes me feel like im not alone with regards to my weight struggles. I hve lost over 20kgs on my weight loss journey and i know that UAC is the most important thing to ensure i stay on track and lead a happy, healthy life! I can not reccomend this group enough. Give it a try u will not regret it!
  • MadisonMolly2017
    MadisonMolly2017 Posts: 10,998 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    Hi there!
    I joined UAC March 1, 2018 - over 3 years ago.

I lost my final 25 lbs (of 75) AND have
    Maintained for 2-3/4 YEARS after a lifetime of obesity since joining UAC.

Why do I recommend this group every month?
    1. You won’t find a better UAC group facilitator than @RangerRickL.
    2. The UAC group members are caring, honest, supportive, positive, and kind. A great group.
    3. The three daily requirements- calories, exercise, tracking what you eat - are the KEYS to success. YOU decide your calorie goal, YOU decide what counts as exercise.
    4. UAC has been my safety net, my life preserver many a time. I will go fine for a week, a month, a couple of months and then fall out of “obesity remission” and UAC’s habits catch me & keep me maintaining.

Try it. Join us.
    I promise if you join & post honestly every day for 3 months, you will become successful. It can take a while to get it all figured out, but it’s SO WORTH IT!

UAC has been the secret to my success!
    228.3 to 157.7 currently
    BMI from 34.1 to 23.6
    33 months in maintenance ❣️
    Just hiked 2-1/2 hours at high altitude. At bedtime, my husband said, “You know what made me the happiest today?”
    “What?”
    Husband: “You could hike up beyond the lake where I walked with (our son)!and you got to see it!”
    I had been too obese & sick & out of shape to walk that long before.

UAC is a miracle.

🌸🌼🌺
    Maddie

PS Don’t worry too much about the pass Days in the beginning. It becomes pretty easy after a bit!
  • Higa2021
    Higa2021 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I like this challenge because it focuses on behavior rather than the scale. It's my first month, but usually by this time, I would have quit a group. Most of them have a weight number in mind as a goal, and invariably I get frustrated because mine goes up and down a bit.
  • SummerSkier
    SummerSkier Posts: 4,803 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL would it be helpful for folks to get a link to the current May challenge so they can get an idea of how the group works and the tone?
  • SModa61
    SModa61 Posts: 2,869 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL would it be helpful for folks to get a link to the current May challenge so they can get an idea of how the group works and the tone?

Working off of @summerskier 's suggestion.

For those interested in seeing the group's interactions here is the link to the discussions of the so-to-be-ending May Challenge:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140417-ultimate-accountability-challenge-may-2021

When you see how great it is, here is the link for joining the upcoming June challenge:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140629-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2021

See you there!
  • Mrs_Hoffer
    Mrs_Hoffer Posts: 5,194 Member
    Options
    I've also been in the UAC since Oct 2020 as well, but I consider this group of supportive and encouraging people to be so much more than just an accountability group. I feel that I can share whatever issues/problems I'm going through (weight loss or otherwise) and there are always wonderful, supportive suggestions/advice and ideas/comments - always without judgment or criticism. Why would anyone even try to go through this weight loss journey on their own?

I've often said that over my many years of yo yo dieting, I've gotten pretty good at losing weight - I just can't KEEP it off! But in this group I'm learning about maintenance before I even get there so that I'm able to work on my mind set (now) and be better equipped to keep the weight off this time once I do reach my goal weight.

My journey is taking a little longer than I had originally hoped -- but life happens!! (For me it's been injuries, family problems, and most recently even surgery!) But I'm just super happy that through it all I've not GAINED any of my weight back! I've gleaned so many priceless nuggets from other members in this group that are already in maintenance.

And I agree 100% that the secret is to not quit!! Just keep showing up and DON'T GIVE UP!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Please read the team member reviews above, then read below

And

If you want to get a view of the May UAC that is in progress, look at a daily discussions at https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10830762/may-27-sign-in#latest
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    I joined the UAC for the first time in May. Been a MFP user and contributor to the forums since 2014.

From this first go around, I think the best thing about this challenge is how it pulls together the most important things needed to keep me on track. All in one place in a simple challenge format (simple only in format, execution is a whole other story). Previously I used my food diary, I would aim to keep my macros in ketosis territory daily, I tracked my exercise in various ways, and participated in other challenges for certain topics. But this challenge pulls a lot of things together that were all tracked tracked separately before (and it's easy to stop tracking somewhere for a bit and wonder what went wrong).

I suspected this would be a good (or at least fun) challenge to join, but after my first month I see a bit more how useful it really is. Looking forward to June and hope to see others joining in as well!