I have 170lbs to lose. Looking for those with similar goals

2»

Replies

• FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 28 Member
    Hi there! I’m 47, and have similar targets. SW 325, and have lost 11lbs so far.

I’ve changed how I look at this completely as in that past when I focused on the total goal, I would give up far too soon. This time I’m down approx 4% of my SW. I only need to do that 10 more times, and I’ll be there! So my next goal is another 13 lbs right now.

I have an open diary, and it’s not perfect, but this time I genuinely feel it’s sustainable. Would love additional friends with this type of journey!
  • FancyIsMyName
    FancyIsMyName Posts: 28 Member
    Totally @Steve25k, and silly question, can we just keep this thread alive as a group?
    What's one thing you all did today to take care of your body?
    I ate less junk today, made a healthy lunch for my family & took a long hot walk. 🔥👟 More than 1 thing, but today is a good day 😊

Today, I packed a new salad, as I’ve been trying to keep a lot of variety. It was spinach, blueberries, turkey, and walnuts mixed with mango salsa and peach balsamic vinegar. Much better than the frequent DQ I was grabbing previously.
  • alpdexplorer
    alpdexplorer Posts: 251 Member
    Hello! I'm on the same boat. I'd like to lose a total of 170 (at least!). If anyone would like to add me on here, or Fitbit (we can do step challenges). My Fitbit username is missxxchaotic
    WE GOT THIS!
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    I've joined some people on this group
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140760-100-pounds-to-lose
    I'm sure they'd welcome others who want to join.

The group is basically like a mini version of message boards but with the same people involved which makes it easier to have conversations and make supportive relationships.
  • kellibee2000
    kellibee2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Steve25k wrote: »

The group is basically like a mini version of message boards but with the same people involved which makes it easier to have conversations and make supportive relationships.

This is what I want. I can't keep up with 85 messages on a board a day, but I'd love to get to know a smaller group of people & feel like I'm actually apart of it. 💜

Last evening, I had a 'come to Jesus' moment & I'm on fire to get started & have a more healthy life. I woke up early, joined a medical wellness center, booked their initial sessions to get a plan & oriented, then took a nice hot walk. It's time. I'm in it with you all 💗
  • itsbritneybetch91
    itsbritneybetch91 Posts: 39 Member
    Same boat here. I have over 100lbs that I want to lose. God it sounds crazy when I type it out. I am only down about 20 so far. I would love to keep this thread alive as I am doing this completely on my own so it can be difficult. I know I'll have my bad and good days. I lost weight back in college but I was much thinner and I was at my goal weight of 135lbs and felt unstoppable and of course I gained it all back and way more.
  • moonbeams896
    moonbeams896 Posts: 191 Member
    Anyone should feel free to add me, as well. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose and I'm down 9 currently (having starting April 28). it's a slow and steady thing. Having been on this journey once before, I know it's much more about dedication and habit than anything else. Motivation comes and goes, but if you log everyday, you fall into some good habits and can keep track. I find the monthly weight loss challenges are good ways to be accountable and recommend them.
  • kellibee2000
    Steve25k wrote: »

Alright, you all should seriously hop over to this group. Marilyn is so sweet, it's small & v. supportive! I'll keep checking this thread, but that's where I'll be hanging out!

@britneynorthington only 20? ONLY 20! That's 20% there! Can you do that 4 more times? Of course you can & you're there! 💪😊 You got this! I think you can be unstoppable now 👍
  • joemccullum
    joemccullum Posts: 17 Member
    Hello, I am returning to MFP and looking for friends on journeys to lose a lot of weight.
    This year started with me struggling around 380 lbs, down 10 lbs from 2 years prior, with a bump up to 395 in between.
    I am starting to take tracking, exercise (or my limited excuse thereof), and accountability more seriously. Still, my weight is a rollercoaster, now down around 375, with my most recent low of 368.
    I was 220 at my prime post-college days. It's taken me 45 years to get this far out of shape. My desire (I'm not brave enough yet to call it a goal) is to be able to enjoy a day at the park with my 5, 5-year, and under grandchildren. In my last experience, I lasted about 20 minutes.
  • kellibee2000
    Welcome @joemccullum! So glad you are here 😊 if you want accountability, open your food log & I'll send you a friend request. I have a similar goal of playing with my kids, ages 7 & 10 without feeling like I'm dying. That's a very worthy desire 💗 20 min is an awesome start! See you around 👍
  • heatherbluebell
    heatherbluebell Posts: 86 Member
    Hi there. I’m Heather, 42, single, Canadian, have more than 150 pounds to lose but trying not to get overwhelmed by such a big goal. I’m all about small and sustainable goals, and this helped me to lose 80 pounds last year. I’ve since gained 20 off that back, so looking for some accountability too!

Feel free to add me as a friend!