When I first started this journey I thought ____, but now I know ____.

2»

Replies

• FatLard200
    FatLard200 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you for a thought-provoking thread!

When I first started this journey, I thought that it was selfish to take time for myself to focus on exercise and well-being and was very self-conscious about monitoring my eating and what others would think. But now I know that exercise and self-care has nothing to do with vanity and is not something to feel guilty about - I now embrace my exercise and healthier eating and the better person that it has helped me to become. I have seen those who respect and appreciate me - not to mention support me and are proud of my efforts, as well as those who don't and aren't worth my time or energy any way.

When I first started this journey, I thought that healthier eating would leave me feeling deprived of all the "good stuff", but now I know how delicious and fulfilling a better way of eating can be - really! - even though others question me...

When I first started this journey, I thought that I really enjoyed the "junk", especially the sweets and that the cravings if I went without would be overwhelming, but now I know that when I stop and think about them, these things really aren't even that tasty any way.

When I first started this journey, I thought that it would be impossible for someone like me to tone and build muscle. While it has been a long and steady process, I still surprise myself at times and now know that it is possible to build muscle, for the first time in my life, even as a 45-year old lady!

When I first started this journey, I thought that it was all about the weight, but now I know that I genuinely am a happier person, more capable, self-confident and self-assured and feel more bullet-proof than I ever have before!

That is interesting that you were a bit embarrassed about vanity. I never thought of eating healthy as a vanity. However, I've always feel that weight lifting is very vain. It's something that kind of bothers me sometimes. I don't want people to think I am some gym douche.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!