Hi, I'm new here!

Options
Hello! Just subscribed to MFP yesterday after realizing that WW Blue, while it is helping me lose weight, wasn't enough for me to achieve my personal goal: NOT being on a diet while getting healthier with both my eating habits and exercise! Just recording food yesterday in MFP made me realize that the same day in which I've exceeded my WW points was a low calorie, balanced, healthy food day nonetheless. Seems unimportant, but to me MFP is already counteracting the discouragement I was beginning to feel. I have a long journey ahead in terms of weight and fitness, but I'm determined to be slow and steady. I started at 260.7 pounds on March 6, was 244.3 as of Monday and have already exercised 3x this week! I am already enjoying reading posts on the message boards very much and really appreciate the community here!

Replies

• zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    That's a great goal! I'm right there with you. I'm on WW, too, but once I started double tracking on here, I realized why I'm not successful on the purple plan. The "zero point" foods are not zero calorie, and I was sabotaging myself. I lost all of my weight on THIS app several years ago before injuries, surgeries and life drama got in my way. So I'm starting from scratch on here. We can do this!!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Hi, @cymande1961. Welcome!

I haven’t done WW, in fact MFP is the only thing I’ve tried, but it’s been successful, and much easier (surprise!) than I expected.

I’m so glad you’re reading the boards. I attribute much of my success to the help, wisdom and support I got through the boards.

A lot of people ignore them. That’s a terrible oversight. The boards are like having a whole stadium pulling for one team: US!!!!!