Intermittent fasting and low carb

Options
institutionalized
institutionalized Posts: 4 Member
edited June 2021 in Success Stories
Doing a 3/21 hours intermittent fasting with low carb diet (because of diabetes) and the result: lost 52 pounds in 4 months. Still way to go to my tarhet weight (30 pounds more to lose).

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    What's the plan once you reach your goal? Will you continue with 3/21 IF? Will you continue with low carb? I lost most of my weight on a 8/16 (or is it 16/8 for an 8 hour eating window???) intermitent fast. Low carb was not sustainable for me, but greatly reducing process carbs (like bread & pasta) and leaning more towards fresh fruits & vegetables resulted in success. It also afforded me a greater ease of transition into "maintenance" when the weight loss phase was through. Good luck to you, and keep an eye toward how you're gonna live the rest of your life!!!
  • institutionalized
    institutionalized Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well it's impossible for me to continue this way all life.after reaching my target, i only plan to calorie counting to maintain weight and a much reasonable daily carb intake for my diabetes. I think i will start with 120 g/day.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!