Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Motivation and Support
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Bring on Summer… and Your Stories!

2»

Replies

• hamadbalhareth3hamadbalhareth3 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hello my name is Hamad. I have just signed up and I am excited to share with you all my meal plan and what I do for sports. So I wake up early and I do fast during the day till about 3 pm, then off to workout, come back and eat my only meal of the whole day. I do not feel hungry at all and feel my body has gotten so adjusted to eating one meal a day. I also follow a ketogenic diet. I am wondering if what I am doing is good. The good thing though that I feel I have achieved so far is the fact that my body runs on fat most of the time. I am eager to hear from you all what you think about this plan. I know it is a bit boring as I only eat one meal a day, but that is what made me lose weight and keep up off for over a couple of years. I also have solved a chronic issue I had before, enlarged prostate, which I was so happy to have solved after so many visits to the doctors who did not help.
  • hamadbalhareth3hamadbalhareth3 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    My workout consists of moderate weightlifting on one day, and then Hight Intensity Interval Training the next day, and then the following day would be a recovery long run (7 miles). I do participate in half-marathons across the middle east and sometimes in Europe. The meal I eat typically consists of lots of veggies and salad and with either meat (steak) or salmon. I do find this very filling and sometimes, even after 24 hours of eating this one meal, I still do not feel hungry, so I continue till the next day (i.e. 36 hours). I am wondering if anyone else is doing the same. My weight and body fat percent is close to 166lb, and 15%, respectively. I am about 5'9". I have not really logged my meals, ever. The summer here in Saudi Arabia is not good at all, scorching hot and it is so difficult to run outdoor, unless you do it so slowly. I am happy to finally get out and share my info with you all....
  • Sara3vegSara3veg Member Posts: 42 Member Member Posts: 42 Member
    I am entering into a very busy season-we have gatherings every weekend for the next 5 weeks, (numerous cookouts/family reunions, a family wedding/we're hosting the pre-wedding get together etc etc). On top of that we're in the middle of a complete kitchen remodel, I have chaos on top of chaos over here right now :p

I re-joined MFP a few weeks ago to get rid of some 'covid-creep,' and to get back into my maintenance weight range. I'm discovering though that I'm just too overwhelmed with everything going on right now to focus on food prep, using a food scale etc. After an initial weight 'whoosh' I'm now creeping back up. Frustrating, but I know this is because I just don't have the time/mental energy to make weight loss a priority right now. BUT, even if I don't lose weight right now, I cannot continue to gain! So, I'm going into a short period of mindful maintenance, and I'm going to be supplementing with meal replacement shakes (ensure, slimfast etc), to keep calories in track. This should work well with all the get togethers/social gatherings/eating out I have coming up.

My goal/hope for the next few weeks is to just maintain where I'm at, and then after things calm down (in mid-July), I can then re-focus and start working on losing the weight creep.

edited June 10
  • tpacheco311tpacheco311 Member Posts: 66 Member Member Posts: 66 Member
    I'm down 11 lbs but I still have 64 lbs to go...... so my plan is to at least be comfortable in a bathing suit by August! This is the heaviest I've been and summer is my favorite season so it's killing me to avoid the pool :(
  • BAnttilaBAnttila Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    I always look forward to summer as I live in an area where 200 inches of snow a season is considered a slow year 😬. I broke my ankle cross country skiing in March so I am celebrating being back to weight bearing on my ankle for 5 weeks now. I still have some issues/pain but I've started getting back to walking the back roads and local streets to try to get my foot and ankle working right again. I will be gardening and helping make the winter firewood. I am looking forward to getting back in a kayak too!

I had SparkPeople through my work but I don't know if they'll keep the subscription with the changes to that company. I plan on finally using MyFitnessPal to log my food and I've downloaded the MapMyFitness app and linked it with MyFitnessPal to try to keep myself on track. I've lost around 25lbs since spring 2019 and hope after a long plateau to be able to continue losing while healing this summer. ☀️🤞
  • carowesn1954carowesn1954 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Last year was tough for me, though it shouldn't have been because I retired from my job. Covid came upon us, so I wasn't able to go places and travel.... I stayed home and cooked! Bad idea. A 15 lb gain since January 2020, bad again. The gym has re-opened, so I'm there 3 times a week, and the weather is good for walking and yard work. Besides that, I'm logging my calories again - the only way I could lose weight in the past. It's a chore I know, but it keeps me from underestimating what I've eaten. Good luck everyone, and have a great summer.
  • NinaeverydayNinaeveryday Member Posts: 5 Member Member Posts: 5 Member
    I honestly didn't want to make any goals. I figured it was like a resolution I wasn't going to keep. However, I have decided to tighten up on staying active and following my calorie intake. I'm 3 days in and I have operated at a calorie deficit so I'm super proud, but I also realize I need accountability, bc I'm really good at coming up with a million reasons NOT to do something.
    Other than watching my weight, I plan on traveling and camping with my kiddos this summer. My ultimate goal is to visit the House on the Rock, with rooms filled with oddities, in WI. It's 12 hrs away from us and I'd love to take my teens on a road trip.
  • southkonahisouthkonahi Member Posts: 132 Member Member Posts: 132 Member
    My summer plans included a trip to visit family.... which I just completed. Upon return, I was surprised to discover that I did not gain during the trip (which included eating many restaurant meals). I even lost a pound or two. I'm sure that my recent good habits of watching carefully what I eat, helped me to maintain my weight despite the eating out. The trip was a success, and so was my "not gaining weight back". B)