What is my body type, can I change it?

Options
kontehhalima
kontehhalima Posts: 44 Member
edited June 2021 in Fitness and Exercise
Hello all, just wanted some quick advice. I was curious about what my body shape is according to people on this app, since you all seem to be passionate about fitness and wellbeing. I am attempting to get rid of some fat (belly fat in particular) and get more tone and lean, then eventually build my glutes and hips for a more curvier physique. I ultimately want an hourglass shape I just don't know how realistic or attainable that is with my body type. Anyone have advice? I'm 5'2 and 128lbs and have been doing more intense strength training (45mins) and moderate cardio (20-30mins). I've been eating between 1500-1600 calories and 100-115g of protein. I haven't seen much results so far but it's only been about 2 weeks so I'm trying to stay patient.

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,393 Member
    Options
    You do have an hourglass shape! What makes you think you don't? Btw, you look fab <3
  • Kaysmile012015
    Kaysmile012015 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would guess you are a athletic build, I know because I have a similar body type, it's called an unofficial term called Mesomorph body type, we are prone more towards muscle than fat/curves. The only way you're going to get that curvy shapely hourglass body is 1. Move the fat from other places, to the hips, and butt a operation called BBL Or 2. You can lean out naturally, with diet/exercise and lose that belly fat, which will give you the appearance of being "curvy", especially since us Mesomorphs tend to already have that appearance due to our broader shoulders, in contrast to our waist Good Luck.
  • kontehhalima
    Options
    Honestly you look like an hourglass shape to begin with - strength training and a modest amount of fat loss should get you the results you want. Not in two weeks, though! Take measurements so you can track your progress, and focus on making your routine fun so you will want to keep it up.

@rheddmobile thank you for the advice! It's been extremely difficult for me to tell what my body shape is. In some angles it looks apple, others inverted triangle, and then some other angles it looks pretty hourglass like. Regardless I feel like I'm very close to an hourglass shape I just need to get rid of body fat and continue to build my glutes. My glutes aren't flat at all they are actually nicely plump maybe because I've always been doing squats, deadlifts, split squats, and hip thrusts. I really feel like I can genuinely achieve the body I want. I've also added some good upper body workouts to my routine too. I've been looking into body recomposition because I really want to lose the belly fat while building muscles around my glutes. I know spot reduction is a myth but im gonna keep doing what I'm doing and trust the process. I do feel like I look a lot more proportionate then I did before!
  • Beverly2Hansen
    Beverly2Hansen Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Either pear or hourglass but you're small enough I'd say hourglass. I think the advice above about leaning out and strength building is solid. You have a great starting point to build from. 🙂
  • kontehhalima
    Options
    Either pear or hourglass but you're small enough I'd say hourglass. I think the advice above about leaning out and strength building is solid. You have a great starting point to build from. 🙂

@Beverly2Hansen really?! You think I'm either a pear or hourglass? I've always felt that I was an apple or inverted triangle because of my broad shoulders and boobs. Either way my goal right now is to get rid of extremely stubborn belly fat. I know I can't spot reduce but this has been my biggest difficulties. Last year when I was 115 I was noticeably smaller but I still had that belly pooch. I think once I become more lean and build my glutes a bit more I will in fact look more like an hourglass in my eyes!
  • yirara
    Options
    Can I just say that you have fab legs? They really are. And your shoulders also look fantastic :smile: If there's any body type I could come up with it would be athletic and elegant.
  • kontehhalima
    Options
    yirara wrote: »
    Can I just say that you have fab legs? They really are. And your shoulders also look fantastic :smile: If there's any body type I could come up with it would be athletic and elegant.

@yirara Omgg thank you! Im actually trying to get away from that athletic physique and look more feminine and curvy😩
  • yirara
    Options
    yirara wrote: »

@yirara Omgg thank you! Im actually trying to get away from that athletic physique and look more feminine and curvy😩

Ayyy! but you do look fab! It really was meant as a compliment from one rather envious woman to another <3