I've done this before.... I can do this again.

Options
Back in 2012, I joined MFP under the avatar, "Merc71" (big SWTOR player, so it fit). I went from nearly 240 lbs, to 195 lbs in a 10-month span.
Then I got lazy. And I got fat.
So nine years later, I'm back -- I'm now 265 lbs, pushing 50 years old, retired from the US Army, bored and miserable.
If there's any folks out there that would like to toss me an invite to some awesome message boards within the MFP Community (gamers, veterans, NFL fans, pro wrestling fans) I'd appreciate it.
And I'm happy to be back.

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,419 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and thank you for your service ....wishing you much success on your journey :) You are welcome to add me if you would like :)
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Let’s do this!
  • DaniSue2021
    DaniSue2021 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and thank you for your service! You’ve got this, I’m in the same boat. Lost 80 pounds last time and gained half of that back the last several years. One day at a time and before you know it you’ll be back to where you want to be 🤗
  • kryvons
    kryvons Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I was a big SWTOR fan myself. Loved playing light side Sith because I’m that kind of person lol
    I’m in a bit of the same boat as you - lost all the weight I wanted to then gained it all back.
    I’m not a member of any communities here so I can’t help with any of that but I hope you find something and are able to make all your goals happen.
  • annliz23
    annliz23 Posts: 3,296 Member
    Options
    Welcome back
  • realnurse26
    realnurse26 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your service! Same song and dance here. I lost 50+ on diet pills back in ‘11 within 6 months. It came off too fast, so it came right back on after I stopped the pills over the course of 2 years. I’m taking things slow, easing back into a simple lifestyle change by logging my calories and exercising when I can. I know what I need to do. Now if I will just stick to it like I should. I’m not going crazy like I did before, just trying to make good choices.