My doctor said my liver enzymes slightly high. What exactly does that mean?

Options
13»

Replies

• MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Sorry for now just replying. I was told that I'm lacking on vitamin d2. I still have one last test which I need to make time for. Right now what I feel is weak, no energy at all and I've slept all day on the weekend . Drink alot of water but yet it feels like a struggle each moment for me. I don't really have an appetite. I literally have to force myself. I will keep you guys updated and thank you all.

Toss a blood test for your A1C into the recommendations. Being very tired and excessive thirst are classic signs of diabetes.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    How high? If they are only a tiny bit elevated it's probably nothing to worry about which is why your doctor didn't say it was and can be normal. Usually if they are just a tiny bit above the normal range we just recheck them at the next visit. If you have something really wrong usually your liver tests will be FAR above normal.

Slightly above normal levels can be caused by anything from high protein intake to dehydration.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    Any updates from GI yet?
  • Chanda7799
    Chanda7799 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I’m sorry you’re going through this! I hope you find answers soon!
  • Maryjaneka
    Maryjaneka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation, and of the active remedy to cure the liver, as enzymes are elevated - essential phospholipids. Essential Forte is a drug, the active ingredient of which are, in fact, essential phospholipids. They helped me to repair damaged liver cells. This is accompanied by relief of symptoms that can be seen in fatty liver disease, mainly in such cases. 
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,992 Member
    Options
    @maryjaneka

1. The OP should not be taking random medications recomended by random people on the internet, he should be discussing with his doctor.

2. the post was over 6 months ago
  • Maryjaneka
    Maryjaneka Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had a similar situation, and of the active remedy to cure the liver, as enzymes are elevated - essential phospholipids. Essential Forte is a drug, the active ingredient of which are, in fact, essential phospholipids. They helped me to repair damaged liver cells. This is accompanied by relief of symptoms that can be seen in fatty liver disease, mainly in such cases. I was taught in medical schools trinityschoolofmedicine.org in the Caribbean this way. I think it would help you. If anyone is interested and wants to read about Caribbean medical school rankings, I noticed that some schools have interesting advantages. 
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    Do you think it's carpal tunnel? I had it in both hands and had to have carpal tunnel release on both hands. I also have arthritis in my hands as well. My left hand is affected worse than the right and my thumb hurts bad on my right hand. I had a doctor suggest surgery on my thumb some years ago but I didn't go through with it at the time. I would talk to a orthopedic doctor if I were you. They are the ones that would do surgery or physical therapy anyway, not your medical doctor.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Don't think Op is coming back lol.