Can some one help me please

Options
2»

Replies

• Ophidion
    Ophidion Posts: 2,065 Member
    Options
    This covers it all nicely...a big shout out to Sidesteel and Sarauk2sf for doing the leg work.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • angelahammon
    angelahammon Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    when i was around the same weight and i am the same height as you i was eating between 13 to 1400 calories a day, more if i was exercising, and lost a pound a week, i am now a pound of from my target weight of 10 stone and i am loosing half a pound a week eating 1600 calories more if i am more active, the best thing i did was get a fitbit as that showed me how little i was eating and that i should have been eating a lot more, 1200 calories is not enough
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options

I work 5 days a week cleaning and workout every day.

Oh wow, make sure you put yourself down as strenuous activity in those calculators, at least. Just to give you an idea, I work a desk job and according to my bodymedia device, I burn about 2200 calories a workday, counting my workouts. However, yesterday, with only a 45 min *very* leisurely walk and doing chores around the house, I burned 2800 calories. You definitely need to make sure you account for your active lifestyle.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

By the way, you are never going to lose MORE weight by eating MORE food. It's just not going to happen. What you need is to make sure you have accurate data for figuring your TDEE and accurate data for figuring your daily nutrition. Start there.

If you just know that all of that is completely accurate, then you may need to have greater patience. It will take more time for you to drop a pound than someone like myself. And one day over your maintenance number will cause a greater setback for you than it will for me. My maintenance number is 3,100. If I go over by 200 calories, it amounts to less than 1/10 of my TDEE. If you go over by 200 calories, you are over by 1/6.

Really at 1200 calories she is not loosing perhaps because of a metabolism slow down(the whole thermogenics thread)....increased calories help. Esp if working out 5-6x a week. My TDEE -20% is 1533 and that causes 1lb loss a week and I only workout 4x a week same height and I weigh more.....

My TDEE (with help from Eat Train Progress Group) was calculated with accurate data from a food scale using the formula

Calories consumed+calories from weight lost/# days to loose weight
    29744+10500/21=1916*.2=383 1916-383=1533 to continue to loose weight 3/4lb a week or I can up it to 25% less and loose 1lb a week...not doing that too little food.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    You need to eat more than 1200 calories at your height and weight.