UPDATE: Down 72lbs Since Oct. 2020

DupreeTheTRex
DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
edited June 2021 in Success Stories
Update since my last post:

I’m now down 72lbs since Oct. 2020. It feels great!

A few things I’ve learned on this journey and in all my experience and struggles with my weight:

- Results do not matter if the changes you’re making are not sustainable.
- Exercise isn’t necessary for losing weight. If you are going to incorporate exercise find something you enjoy doing.
- It’s okay to treat yourself sometimes and ignore the diary. Just make adjustments as needed.

In the past I made extreme changes to lose weight quickly. The fastest I had lost weight was 50lbs in 2 months. This was NOT sustainable and every time I did this it ended up backfiring on me.

I realized I hated exercising and stopped trying to lose weight at one point because I felt is was necessary to see results. I was wrong. I have barely been exercising throughout my journey. The most exercise I’ve done is work around the house and 45-60 minute walks with my wife. In contrast, I used to go to the gym 3-4 hours a day in my previous attempts to lose weight. I plan on eventually picking up hockey again once we’re through this pandemic as another source of physical activity that I enjoy.

For special occasions, holidays, or days that require some convenience I don’t track calories and allow myself to eat more than I normally would. I plan to keep this up once I’m done losing weight making adjustments as necessary. When I go on vacations, I don’t want to worry about my calories in/out. So when I get back I plan to adjust my calories in for weight loss if I have gained any weight during that week of my life.

Replies

• Chibike64
    Chibike64 Posts: 65 Member
    Congratulations mate!
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    great work!! Making lifestyle choices is amazing, your setting yourself for long term success!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!