Tracking homemade brownies?

Options
midgegherkin
midgegherkin Posts: 3 Member
Hello everyone! I have a question about tracking a specific homemade brownie recipe. Whats the best way to go about logging those? I have the total grams of the brownie mix before cooking... and can weigh the brownies after... but not exactly sure what number to go off of or how best to cut up the brownies themselves 🤦🏼‍♀️ Any suggestions?

Replies

• midgegherkin
    Options
    Would i just use the total grams of all the brownies after they are cooked as the serving size? So that i can just put in how many grams im eating to get an accurate calorie count?
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Would i just use the total grams of all the brownies after they are cooked as the serving size? So that i can just put in how many grams im eating to get an accurate calorie count?

That's what I would do. Use the recipe builder, weigh all your raw ingredients individually, and put the number of servings as equal to the weight of the finished brownies in grams (so if your finished pan of brownies comes out to 800 grams, that's 800 servings). Cut the brownies up however you normally would, try to get them as even as possible, there will be some variation. You could either weigh your brownie before eating it, or individually wrap them and put a sticker with the weight on it so you know for later - I've done that with baked goods like this that you cut up into pieces to eat.
  • midgegherkin
    Options
    Thanks so much!