Hello from Texas (SparkPeople refugee here)

Options
I joined SparkPeople back in the early 2000s, but left for whatever reason. When I realized I had gained some pandemic weight I rejoined. That was in April. Now I see that they are shutting down in August, so I moved over here. First, they did away with the premium option, so I figured something was up when that happened. Obviously I don't know the whole story, but from what I do know, it is very unfair to the users. Their alternative website is not available for people outside of the US, and even though I live in Texas, I couldn't get it to work. I just got error messages. Even if I could get it to work, I just don't feel like SparkPeople is really about wanting to help people anymore and is more about the $$$.

Anyway, I'm 38, and I was not at all happy when my clothes started not fitting right and the scale soared up to a number I haven't seen in years. The pandemic was rough for me. I'm an actress, so that was over, and I'm just a very social person overall. I did continue working out, but no where near as much, and I knew I was eating more. I just didn't really care. I got the vaccine, and that's when I realized that I really "let myself go." I'm 4'10" and my "normal" weight is between 95 and 100 with a lot of muscle. I was at 106 with pretty much zero muscle tone, so I knew things had to change. Now I'm at 99, so I'm in my range, but I still have fat to lose and muscle to gain. My pre-pandemic body was lean and toned. I'm getting there and seeing changes, but I need the accountability that websites like these provide.

Replies

• Skyler103
    Skyler103 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Welcome fellow Texan! There's a lot of great info here, and some really great people that give their time to help educate. Covid was rough for a lot of us, but good for you for getting it together!