the BEST protein powder

Options
samanthasimps0n
samanthasimps0n Posts: 88 Member
I'm looking for the ultimate protein powder! What is your favorite brand & flavor, and what do you like to mix it with??
:drinker:

Replies

• Book_wormie22
    Book_wormie22 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    i like Syntha 6 - chocolate peanut butter..... they have a ton of flavors too - i mix it with almond milk
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Hey!

My favourite is Evox Advanced Nutrition - Lean Pro Diet Protein, its 98 calories with 2g of carbs and 21g of protein.

I have the chocolate flavour and just drink it with water, its very nice :)
  • kidelh
    kidelh Posts: 2
    Options
    I prefer About Time 100% whey protein isolate mixed with water. The chocolate and mocha mint flavors are best in my opinion. Each scoop is only 101 calories with 24g of protein and 0g of fat.
  • PamelaGailJacobucci
    Options
    My new favorite is Musclemed Carnivore in chocolate (it's beef protein). I used to like Optimum Nutrition - Casein in chocolate supreme, but can't do dairy anymore.

Mixed with water, ice cubes and frozen banana chunks.
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I always look for the most bang for your buck. Low cals and carbs, really high protein. Body Fortress is cheap and has 30 g of protein. I mix it with water most of the time but also have used skim milk and added banana or other type of fruit.
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    Trutein Cinnabun. Tastes great on its own.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    bump.

8488541.png
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Trutein in Peach Mango. I mix it with water!
  • ninnysgirls
    ninnysgirls Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried pea powder? I have heard it helps food cravings.
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I usually get Optimum Nutrition. I have a whole collection of tubs now... I make them all with either unsweetened almond milk or water, plus extra ice so it's really thick. All are 24g protein/ around 120 cals for the powder only.

Chocolate toffee: slight cocoa/caramel flavor- probably my fave.
    Banana: Liked it at first, but now it turns my stomach. But I hate to waste, so I'll make this one with some chocolate sometimes, or add frozen strawberries.
    Strawberry: Also sorta sickeningly sweet, but not bad if you mix it with vanilla or frozen berries.
    French Vanilla; I use this as a "base" and mix sugar-free coffee syrups in it- vanilla toasted hazelnut (from target) is yummy, though has extra fake-sugar flavor from the syrup.
    Rocky Road: I don't get much nut flavor, but its smoother than plain chocolate
    Extreme Double chocolate: Decent chocolate flavor. Better when using unsweetened chocolate almond milk.
    Milk Chocolate: This was more fake tasting to me, but not terrible. Just not my fave.
    Cookies & Cream: This one is a little too fake tasting for me, and there are bits in it but they don't really resemble cookies. Plus its 10 whole calories more than the rest. Won't re-order that one.

I've also gotten the giant tub of Whey Isolate from Optimum Nutrution at Costco; they only have the Vanilla Shake flavor. The taste is okay, but the powder has a much different consistency (the others are like powder, this is more like kool-aid - sorta granular), and when it mixes, it gets a lot foamier. But, its also a good base for my coffee syrups, and has 30g for 140 cals.

I ordered the others on Vitacost.com - free shipping, look for promo codes, and a decent starting price.
  • Joehenny
    Joehenny Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Gold Standard, a name to trust.
  • Angs_HEA
    Angs_HEA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like all the Body Fortress flavors from Walmart. They're 30 grams of protein per scoop. The calories range according to what flavor you choose. I love the Chocolate Peanut Butter one the best! The calories on that one is 150 per scoop. They have Chocolate, Chocolate Peanut Butter, Vanilla, Strawberry & Cookies N Creme. The cost in NC is $15 for a large container. I mix mine with water or almond milk. I sometimes play with my shakes & add like a TBLS. of sugar free pudding to thicken it up & change the flavor. Sometimes I add sugar free Torani Syrups or sugar free chocolate syrup. I make a great chocolate mint shake, by adding 1/8 tsp. Ducan Hines Chocolate Mint Flavor Creations to one scoop of Chocolate protein. There is no sugar in this & not really any calories, because your adding so little of it...Be careful & don't add to much...It's very strong. I add ice & blend my shakes up until they look like a Wendy's Frosty. YUM! Play with your shakes, they are awesome!
  • IronCakes
    IronCakes Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Jay Robb is the best!
  • dawningr
    dawningr Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Economical, great protein and tasty, I like the Body Fortress brand as well. The vanilla is used for my plain greek yogurt most mornings, and the chocolate peanut butter is fabulous with almond milk and 1/2 a frozen banana.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    bump!

I'm also looking to get into protein powders and want to know the same thing! haha
  • bstevens87
    Options
    Syntha-6 Vanilla Ice Cream --- You can mix this with just about anything and it tastes just like a milkshake!
  • DanaLeo33
    DanaLeo33 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Isopure naturals vanilla...great base for anything and it froths up nice in the blender with ice
  • alldodge12
    Options
    Unjury Chocolate Splendor
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    bump
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I'm looking for the ultimate protein powder! What is your favorite brand & flavor, and what do you like to mix it with??
    :drinker:

Syntha-6 baby!!! Vanilla ice cream - mix with water. Can mix with milk...then it really does taste like ice cream, but it's VERY good with water too!!