How do you stop yourself?

Options

Replies

• mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Generally I have someone tie me down, preferably to the bed so that it can lead to other things.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    Walk into the kitchen...turnaround...walk back out...repeat until tired...drink water......count and log the calories burned.

:tongue:

8488541.png
  • mperrott2205
    mperrott2205 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    By not being weak minded.
  • nomorebamboozles
    nomorebamboozles Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I personally log everything into MFP before I even go into the kitchen.
  • lorenzovonmatterhorn7549
    Options
    My kitchen at home doesn't have junk food in it. However, work is a different story. My coworkers like to torment me with donuts, etc... However, I'm strong willed and "no thanks" is in my vocabulary.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    a) don't have a lot of junk food in the house - there's no good reason for it.

and...

b) remember WHY you want to lose weight. Put a 'fat' picture of yourself on the fridge door if you must!!
  • lucystacy71
    lucystacy71 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I drink water or chew some crushed ice. I'm always snacking on ice.
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I sometimes chew on ice, that helps a lot, chew gum, get up and do something, clean organize or something other than watching tv(that's what kills me sometimes is the watching tv and unwinding in the evening.).
  • larodriguez02
    larodriguez02 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    a) don't have a lot of junk food in the house - there's no good reason for it.

and...

b) remember WHY you want to lose weight. Put a 'fat' picture of yourself on the fridge door if you must!!

yes- a picture is a good one!
  • emirror
    emirror Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I keep high-protein snacks around, rather than empty calorie snacks. It doesn't matter if I will go over calories... If I am hungry, I eat; I just really try to eat those healthy things, and not junk. If I am "not hungry" for those healthy things, then I am either thirsty or bored, so I don't eat.

I have found that if I don't eat when I am hungry, I just make even worse decisions later when I am really really hungry.
  • akrichevsky
    Options
    brush your teeth! look at a picture that motivates you. a picture of yourself from the past or of an idol...for example...mine is Kim kardashian. I think her body is amazing and I love the curves! that inspires me when im feeling like I want to eat everything in sight!
  • mazmataz
    mazmataz Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I try to make sure that I'm not in there alone! It sounds silly but if my roommates are around...I really don't want them to see me stuffing my face!
  • NikkiSixGuns
    NikkiSixGuns Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    One of the biggest problems I have is I eat when I get bored. I know that if I am obsessing over food it is because i am not busy doing something else. Try getting out for moment and refocusing on something else!

Pretty much... It's not a huge problem, but if I'm eating something and it's not because I'm legitimately hungry, it's 'cause I'm bored.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    HAHA. Sometimes I don't.
    Gum and water are my biggest fans.
    Working out helps. When I feel hot, I don't feel like eating...

I agree the boredom thing is a big issue to cause eating. If that's your issue...stay busy!!!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I constantly think of the end result and how bad i want it. drink water. chew gum. daydream of being skinny and fit. lol log on to MFP. read sucess stories.
  • AllyQM
    AllyQM Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I've started picturing huge fat rolls dripping off me. I look at the chocolate ice cream and then I picture rolls of fat dripping off my knees, from under my arms and imagine not being able to walk without my thighs rubbing together. Visualizing the EFFECTS of that gorge out.
  • thesophierose
    thesophierose Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Gum! Gum! Gum!
  • sazrina
    sazrina Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Don't buy the bad stuff, it's so much harder to go out and get it from the shops when you get a craving.
  • MermaidTX
    MermaidTX Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I don't keep anything around that I could go crazy on. And if I do think I really really really have to have some cake or brownie, etc, I have to prep and cook it from scratch. Most of the times I find I don't really want it that bad so I settle for something else (like a teaspoon of nutbutter) if drinking water didn't help.
  • CooperSprings
    CooperSprings Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    I work out before I think about food.
    Less likely to spoil the effort I put into working out.
    No one likes to try to no avail.