Hello all! Hope everyone is having a great day and crushing your goals!

This is my first time using My Fitness Pal.

I'm a hella plus size girl whose lost 35lbs since the beginning of this year. (Woo!)

First time I've ever tried to lose weight or get fit or anything similar so I'm technically at 100% success lol!

My only problem is I don't see any physical changes. Just wondering if anyone else has come across this? Not sure if it's a fat person thing or just a me thing? 🤷‍♀️

Anywho, have a great day everybody! ❤️

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,168 Member
    Welcome!

Depending how much you have to lose, it may take a while before you notice. Have you taken tape measurements of your body parts? There's many things that affect what the scale shows you. Putting a measuring tape around your waist, hips, bust, neck, thigh, and bicep might tell you stories that confirm your success over time. They can change much slower than the scale, but they're for REAL.

It's not uncommon, even after losing a LOT of weight, for people to have what's called dysmorphia. We get so accustomed to being "big" that we can't notice ourselves that we're smaller. I had an "aha" moment a few years ago when I saw a picture of me before I started losing weight, and I thought, "Yeah - you had got a bit big." This was even though I didn't see the person in the mirror as "thin."

Take pictures.

Use a measuring tape.

Go slow; you have plenty of time.

Celebrate your successes!