looking for motivation! Help

Options
Hi everyone, I am a regular MFP user but seriously lacking in motivation. I’m hoping by joining the community chat I will get my mojo back.

Replies

• goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Don't hang your hat on motivation. It's easy to do anything when you want to do it, but that's not how you accomplish hard things. No, the real test comes when you do the thing even when you DON'T want to do it, and that's called discipline. Past You had motivation; Future You, the You that has met all your health and fitness goals, has discipline. Become Future You. You don't have to want to do it, you don't have to like doing it, you can scowl and grumble and cuss the whole time if you want to. You just have to do it, whatever "it" may be for you in terms of your personal health and fitness journey (cook at home, track your food, work out, do PT/rehab work, etc).
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,175 Member
    Options
    Testify!

What @goal06082021 said is on-target. Motivation will only get you so far. I'm never motivated to wash my dishes, go to the office, or mow the lawn. But I have to do it anyway. Develop good habits.

If you're looking for a friendly bunch of folks to share the journey with, maybe head over to https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021 and click the little green JOIN button. Friendly folks over there. Ongoing optional challenges, and weekly rotating challenges to join if you wish. All optional. Good people.