Hi I’m new here

Options
Imagine like many of the recent newcomers, I’m looking for a new home for my lifestyle change since Sparkpeople doesn’t like anyone not resident in the USA.
I’m retired (66), sharing our home with my mum (90).
I do the garden, the heavy housework and I’m the driver, while mum cooks, minds the washing machine and dryer and does most of the ironing.
I used to like travel (when we could)
I enjoy
Walking
Knitting
Crossstich

I don’t have a high tolerance threshold.
I’m a stress binger with a sweet tooth.
I plan to lose 14 lbs in the next 14 weeks

Replies

• Retired_Sue
    Retired_Sue Posts: 11,574 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm new here too and also an transplant from SP who has been "left out in the cold" because I'm Canadian! :(
    I too am retired and support my sister who is the main caregiver for our mom who will celebrate her 100th birthday in a couple of months. Since my sister recently had knee replacement surgery, I've been spending a LOT of time looking after mom and am home for a few days for a break. When we get past all the pandemic restrictions, I hope to be back directing a small choir and visiting a few nursing homes in our community each month, attending my monthly book club and weekly knitting group. I like to knit but need the motivation I get from my group to stay at it sometimes. Pahla B videos have become my "go-to"s for exercise in the past few months. I'm looking to make it to the goal weight that I set 5 and a half years ago but didn't quite achieve. I lost 62 pounds - was 6 pounds away. Right now I'm planning to work on losing 9 pounds to get myself just under that goal.
  • mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,528 Member
    Options
    Welcome to both or you!

I hope you find the transition to MFP fairly easy. Set some good goals, and keep working on them. There's some good stuff on the forums, too, as well as some silly stuff.