Noticed my yoyo pattern

Options
So whenever I try to lose weight, I've noticed I yoyo quite a bit.
This app also helps me keep track of my gains and loss.

Now I've been told that I'd go crazy weighing myself every day.
But I don't feel that way.
I'd watch the scale go up and down. The peak of my weight though has been steadily declining thankfully even with my random binge days where I'll keep eating and not feel full. Today was one of those days, instead of 1700 calories I went up to 4000. I checked the scale and it did reflect a 2 pound gain. But I'm not bothered by it, I believe that the weight will go back down once I can get back down to 1700 calories.

I dont track the lowest weight. Tracking the highest weight seems to be correct and when you see your peak go down slowly but surely. Theres a bit of proud there.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,425 Member
    Options
    Good for you. That’s one of the hardest things for people to understand is that “weight loss isn’t linear”, and is probably the #1 reason people drop off the site. They go up a pound or two, not knowing it perfectly, biologically normal, and throw in the towel.

The rough rule of thumb is that a pound is 3500 calories. You didn’t even quite manage a pounds worth. It’s simply water weight associated with the extra carbs and will come off rather quickly.

Good job!