Sushi calories

yirara
yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
o2dkjwz6zosa.jpeg

Anyone want to guess calories? Database entries vary widely. No mayonnaise, only the sushi and sashimi (daikon goes into curty tomorrow).

Replies

• MaltedTea
    MaltedTea Posts: 6,286 Member
    I'd do this separately. Eyeballing 👀...

2 oz tuna
    7 oz salmon
    1.5 cups white rice
    0.5 avocado
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 cup shiratki noodles

...then add 300 calories for good measure.

Also, sushi's gonna be my dinner now 🤤 This looked so good and worth all the calories, no matter how high
  • Ironwoman1111
    Ironwoman1111 Posts: 3,913 Member
    @yirara wrote: »
    o2dkjwz6zosa.jpeg

Anyone want to guess calories? Database entries vary widely. No mayonnaise, only the sushi and sashimi (daikon goes into curty tomorrow).

Wow!😮

I may have drooled all over this post!🤤😬

• yirara
    @yirara wrote: »
    o2dkjwz6zosa.jpeg

Wow!😮

I may have drooled all over this post!🤤😬

I'm sooo sorry. It's my favourite sushi place in town (and the most expensive one). Their sashimi is just soooo good, and so well cut. I'm also totally into avocado nigiri. It's not on their menu, but they still make it for me.
  • yirara
    edited June 2021
    MaltedTea wrote: »
    I'd do this separately. Eyeballing 👀...

2 oz tuna
    7 oz salmon
    1.5 cups white rice
    0.5 avocado
    2 tbsp soy sauce
    1 cup shiratki noodles

...then add 300 calories for good measure.

Also, sushi's gonna be my dinner now 🤤 This looked so good and worth all the calories, no matter how high

I'm sooo sorry!
    No noodles but Japanese radish, and I've not eaten it yet. I'll use it for a Thai curry tomorrow evening :smiley: My guess for this is about 600 calories, and I use really just a minimal amount of soy sauce to mildly glaze everything a bit. I'm not dipping the pieces into it. But.. it's so bloody difficult to estimate, especially considering it's not just white rice, but sushi rice with vinegar and whatever else is in it. I just felt like having it tonight. Nom!

Oh, I did have a pickled cucumber and radish salad with it that I made this morning. To get a little bit of fiber and bulk. Meal planning :D
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 451 Member
    I. Want. This!
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,334 Member
    All I can see is protein protein protein. Wow, how the tables have turned.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    edited June 2021
    For safe guessing I'm going to say at least 800 calories minimum. I had sushi for dinner last night.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • yirara

Nah, it's not even 80gr protein. Lots and lots of carbs. Plus a salad next to it which was also pure carbs. This dish is really missing some fats other than the small bits of avocado, but hey, not complaining.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,033 Member
    yirara wrote: »

Nah, it's not even 80gr protein. Lots and lots of carbs. Plus a salad next to it which was also pure carbs. This dish is really missing some fats other than the small bits of avocado, but hey, not complaining.

Lacking fats? With that amount of salmon, hardly 😁 I still get a shock every time I see the calorie count for my usual portion of salmon.
  • yirara
    Lietchi wrote: »
    yirara wrote: »

Lacking fats? With that amount of salmon, hardly 😁 I still get a shock every time I see the calorie count for my usual portion of salmon.

True! And this being farm salmon it's of course more fatty.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    I use the MFP database for sushi and choose an option that seems reasonable (usually a middle or higher calorie option). Salmon sashimi, for example, is listed at 41 calories a slice. Avocado roll is about 125 calories for 4 slices. It may not be exact but it'll be close enough for one day of tracking.