Intuitive eating

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    ahoy_m8 wrote: »
    I agree, but I also think you never really know the effort someone else makes that they aren't talking about. It may look "easy" or "intuitive" for them, but you rarely see the entire picture for other people. They could be making pretty conscious choices to compensate for the parts that are visible.

More broadly, it seems a lot of people react to the success of others (weight loss or otherwise) with "it's easy" or "it comes naturally for them" versus "they work really hard" or "they are amazingly persistent."

Thats true - we don't know the full story of everyone.

I don't assume by that though that everyone is working really hard at it behind the scenes - for some people I think their CICO does match up well without concious effort.

Myself when I was younger, for one.

My father for another - and I do know he does not make a concious effort to balance CICO in any way

Of course that doesnt mean he eats any more than anyone else of his age/height and magically stays slim - it does mean without planning or working at it, he doesnt eat a lot of high calorie food and has an active lifestyle without conciously tracking it.

Yes, as we discussed on another thread, your father and my mother are twinsies in this regard.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 8,986 Member
    Options
    unfortunately I am not such a twinsie or chip off the old block - i do gardening as a chore, not a vocation and I watch too many TV programs and spend too much time on the computer and I have a liking for far too many high calorie foods, like cake and chocolate.

Such does not intuitively marry up with weight maitenance :D:oB)