binge eating disorder?

Options
2»

Replies

• JenneauInLA
    JenneauInLA Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sarah7591 wrote: »
    I have been suffering from this as well for a looooooong time! What really has helped me is to eat enough calories...when I try to reduce too much the next day all bets are off! I wish you all the best and if I can help you in any way please let me know.

Kudos on starting therapy! Keep an open mind and you can get a lot out of it. For me, binge eating was physiological, but what I did about it was emotional/psychological. What I mean is that my messed-up metabolism would make me ravenous, but it was my self-esteem/body image that allowed it to become a full-on binge/purge when I overate. So the trigger was a sugar addiction, even though I didn't only crave sweet foods. I would suddenly get too hungry to control it, and usually while trying to "diet." Then all bets were off! I won't give diet advice, but if you consider that there may be a nutritional component it could take some of the pressure off while you continue with therapy and figure stuff out. Be well!
  • Onedaywriter
    Onedaywriter Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I know someone who attends Overeaters Anonymous with this issue and it seems to help. I would check with your therapist first though