Massive A1C drop three months after diagnosis

Options
13»

Replies

• baxter466
    baxter466 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you all …..can I get some ideas on what your meal and snacks are ……get stuck with same eating
  • grltaz
    grltaz Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    That is awesome ! WTG !!kpwqd4akfdfb.gif
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,117 Member
    Options
    alblack324 wrote: »
    Congrats! You've done an awesome job.

I have a similar story. I was prediabetic for years and then, within 3 months of going back into the classroom for concurrent teaching (Most kids on Zoom and a handful in person in the room with me) I gained 15 pounds and knew my numbers were going to be bad. I diagnosed June 18 (A1C at 8.1). My doctor wanted me to start on metfomin right away but I asked to try it with nutrition and exercise. I, too, went back to SP (only to find out about the closure - yes, silenced observed) and in two months dropped 10% of my boday weight. I am exercising 90 mins a day and working to keep carbs as low as possible. 6 weeks inmy doctor ordered fasting lipids and the lab accidentaly ran an A1C (that was ordered for Sept 27) at the same time. I was ticked because it has only been two months, not three, but the doctor was pleased to see that my A1C had already dropped to 6.5 without medication. Unfortunately, in that time the lipids increased so I am now working on that as well.

I am tracking food here but missing the reports & data (especially that chart at the bottom of the nutrition tracker that showed the numbers for the last 7 days.

Thanks for posting. You have given me confirmation I am on the correct path and it can be done!

With regards to the bolded: I've read that weight loss can temporarily increase cholesterol (because of the mobilisation of fat in the body) so it might not be something to worry about?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!