manually add steps

Options
MFP is getting steps from my iphone, but I forgot to take it with me for this am's walk so its missing several thousand steps. Can I add them manually? There's a report that tracks daily steps on mfp and unless I can add steps, its not accurate, and I'd sort of like it to be to track how my diet/exercise plan is working

Replies

• TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,608 Member
    Options
    @patriciafoley1 I’m probably too late to help you for that day now as I think it has to sync on the same day, but if this happens again and you need to add steps, you can manually add them in your Apple Health app, which is what syncs to MFP.
    All you do is open Health, tap Steps on the summary screen, and in the top right corner is an “Add Data” button. Follow the prompts to add the missing steps, then open your MFP app again to sync.
    fddtrfarjcmv.jpeg
  • patriciafoley1
    patriciafoley1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I'm curious if that worked.

Because there are 2 ways to connect MFP to using the Apple world.

MFP app using a device as step source - the MFP app literally just gets a step count from the device. The suggested adjustment in Apple account would not work.

MFP account linked with Apple account - Apple sends incorrect info to MFP with steps being one of the statistics. The suggested adjustment would work to get steps.
    (doesn't help on the other incorrect info though)