New here

Options
Hi. So any feedback on progress with this app? I am 48 and this is my fifth time in my life I’ve tried losing weight on a plan I won’t say diet! I have a question too? If you don’t use all your calories up in a day does it let you carry them over?

Replies

• sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Feedback - it's a useful tool for increasing your knowledge and promoting accountability but it's the person and their motivation/dedication that makes it ultimately successful or not.

On the phone app you change change your diary view from daily to weekly - many find the necessary calorie restriction is easier to implement with a weekly budget to help fit your diet into your lifestyle and hunger signals.
    That was one of the reasons I failed several times before I succeeded, a same every day goal makes me frustrated and having to fit my lifestyle into my diet just irritates the hell out of me.

With five attempts behind you there must be some valuable personal lessons learned from that experience. Have a serious think about what makes dieting easier for you and the potential pitfalls you will need to manage.
  • pstruthe
    pstruthe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    HI my name is Pam. Just started this program. I really need some encouragement.
  • collevie5
    collevie5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. Pam hang in there. I don’t like calling it a “ diet” but a lifestyle change. Cuz that’s what it really is. Since this is my FIFTH time trying to lose weight it really has to be my last. Maintenance is key. I got two great books. Because I have to get to why I overeat before I can stop it. One book is Easy way to Quit Emotional Eating by Allen Carr and Freedom from Emotional Eating, 40 day Bible study on emotional eating by Barb Raveling which I know is not for everyone but it has been great so far for me. Good luck 👍