Weekends are the hardest

Options
Hi all,
I find that I can do so well during the weeks at staying within my calories, getting in my exercise, and staying motivated, but once Friday night hits, I want to eat. Problem is, I tend to go over on my calories because we tend to go out to eat more on the weekends and I struggle with my self control and dedication. We are busy running everywhere and doing things which ends in us eating most of meals out. Does anyone have any suggestions to help keep me on track once the weekend hits.

Replies

• Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Eat less than you normally would
  • NattyJayne1991
    NattyJayne1991 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel!! During the week days, I work full time and in the evening I go to the gym/swimming so don't even have time to think about food, but come the weekend all I want to do is eat eat eat!

Have you tried upping your exercise routine over the weekend, that way you feel justified when you do eat something that you wouldn't usually?

Or have you tried keeping your bank cards at home so that you're not tempted to buy naughty food when you go out, perhaps take a packed lunch with you. Instead of going out to restaurants or fast food places, maybe take a little time out for a quick picnic or something? Even if it is in the car. Failing that, there should be healthy options in restaurants so choose those and completely ignore that naughty page on the back showing the desserts!
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I find eating a good breakfast and carrying a health snack ( bar or nuts) helps me make better decisions when I have those hectic run around weekends. My bigger problem is going out for drinks with friends. I try to do a water between drinks and keep at about 2.
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    If you know that you are going out to eat later in the day, plan your earlier meals around that. For example, if you are likely to go Wendys or Fridays etc... add the calories of the meal you are most likely to get before you are going there. Then you can plan your earlier meals by eating less calories.

I always log my meals in advance so I know ho wmuch room I have to play with as far as calorie intake.

I am going to a retirement party at an Italian Restaurant on Saturday. I usually eat a side of pasta, chicken parmigiana, a salad, and dessert. I will figure out the calories ( even if it is a guestimate) Sarurday morning before I eat my breakfast and lunch. I never go over that way. Or, if you know you are going to go over your calories because you plan on indulging, at least only eat up to whatever your mainetance level calories would be. This way, you wont gain any weight. I have done that before and have still managed to lose weight the same week.
  • itsscottwilder
    Options
    I hear you. A nice Friday night meal is a great reward after a tough week at work.

For me, it's been really important for me to visualize my day every morning.

I get up, and while I'm going through my bathroom routine, I'll be thinking about what the day has in store and how that's going to affect my eating.

So if I know that on Friday nights I'm going to be eating heavy:

1. I'll go super light at breakfast. Glass of milk maybe. (I'm not really a breakfast person anyway)
    2. I'll go light at lunch. Garden salad. Maybe 3 or 4 ounces of chicken for the protein to help to feel full.
    3. Reward dinner. As long as I'm under my TDEE. No harm, no foul.

Also, On a day I know I'm gonna eat big, You better know that I got my pedometer on and I'm gonna be getting in my 10,000 steps so I'll have even more calories credited towards my net goals.

On the weekends, you're still gonna probably eat breakfast at home, so once again, eat light. A home made smoothie can be filling and low calorie. A garden salad is also filling and low cal. When you eat out, go to places who have their nutrition info online and easy to get to. Fast food is fine as long as your within your calorie goals. Even better if you can skip the buns and fries.

Good luck!!!