• jm216
    jm216 Posts: 3,760 Member
    Options
    I’m in. Ready to take on July!!

Let do this!
  • KakoHikes
    KakoHikes Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Happy weekend! I’ve been doing good on exercise goals and logging, and lost a lb. goal for this week is going to be to keep it up. Exercise 5 days next week, keep up logging and make another pound disappear.

I think my issue going forward will being going shopping to get the foods I need. I need to start shopping on an weekly basis instead of bi-weekly. I just shop for me and have gotten away with it by having freezer things for the last few days of my shopping period, with trying to watch my sodium and have fresh fruits/salads on a daily basis that’s not going to fly.
    I work from home for now, and getting the motivation to get out of the house has become challenge. It’s just about a 15 minute drive to the store, which isn’t bad, but have become such a homebody.
  • BecsasaurusRex
    BecsasaurusRex Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all, keen to join you for July! Just took a week off logging for my birthday present to myself, so looking forward to focusing back on the journey again from tomorrow. My goals for July will be to eat more fruit and veges, to start biking again, and to lose 5lbs. Biking will be hard because I'm in New Zealand so it's the middle of winter now, but it's so good for me.
  • jm216
    Options
    Welcome Becscollett!
    We're glad to have you on our team!

2 days to our official start!

Jill
  • jm216
    Options
    Good morning friends!

Happy July 1st! Today is the official beginning of our challenge. What are you doing today for yourself?

This morning Roxie and I are off for a morning walk. She is so happy we’re getting back in our groove.

Post as often as you’d like!

Just for July!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    ashleycarole86 Posts: 6,157 Member
    Options
    Morning all!

xoa9ce1iiu82.png

I am up at the crack of dawn to also take my dog for a walk.. it's been extremely hot here in Alberta for the past while so this is the only time of the day it's safe.

When I get back, I'll do my yoga.. and then enjoy the day off from work. My husband and I are commuting up to our trailer for a couple nights so it should be a lot of fun!
  • jm216
    Options
    We had a nice & easy 15 minute walk in our neighborhood. Roxie just turned 9 in June, so her walks involve lots of pausing to sniff the grass, the flowers, the bushes, etc. when she’s investigating things I gently walk or dance in place. Today on our walk we saw 2 rabbits and 2 dogs off in the distance.

Today is my play in the yard day! I’ll be cutting the grass primarily and weeding…but knowing my squirrel brain, I’ll end up trimming some bushes, and possibly cleaning the pool. I’m an all or nothing kind of person… and today feels like an ALL kind of day.

Food plans for today:

Breakfast— decaf coffee with 1 sugar and a splash of milk…2 fried eggs and an English muffin

Lunch— pre-made chicken Caesar salad from Kroger.

Dinner— grilled chicken, steamed broccoli, and a spinach salad

That’s the game plan! There may be modifications along the way, but these are the goals.

Now off to tornado tidy the kitchen and clean up the basement while I’m waiting for the dew to dry off on the grass.

Happy July 1st!
  • krose4514
    krose4514 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Happy July 1!

Goals for the day:

Breakfast - coffee with milk, two slices of toast with hummus

Lunch - Chicken sandwich with salad/balsamic

Dinner - chicken, mixed veg, and potato

Snacks - TBD

Activity: 10,000 steps
  • jm216
    Options
    Love your goals, Krose4514!

• KakoHikes
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Happy July! Normally have been working out inside with ring fit adventure, instead went for a walk outside today for the first time in a couple months, my loop with the hill that took my 55 minutes last time, only took 50 this time. The hill was still pretty hard but didn’t have to stop as much and didn’t feel as out of breath. I did miss having a fan blowing on me though :tongue:

Went over my calorie goals on weekend by a couple hundred each day, am thinking it was due to the hot weather and dehydrated more than hungry. Ongoing goal this week is drink more water!

Food today
    Breakfast, slice of wheat toast topped with 2 eggs and sharp cheese
    Lunch- Garam Masala seasoned diced chicken on brown rice
    Dinner Turkey meatloaf and mixed veggie steamer

Snacks Apple, watermelon and roasted carrots
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    I’ve been going through my Pantry, freezer and fridge this afternoon, am now mostly done just have a few things to put away. I went through and tossed expired items and the majority of unhealthy/high sodium things. A lot of the non-perishable stuff will be going to a friend but honestly do not have the motivation to find a home for the freezer/perishable stuff. I did keep some of my favorite foods and sauces to have in moderation but feel more set for success with a lot of the junk gone.
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    07/01 - 233.8

Today was great, ate on plan, exercised an insane amount for me... a long walk and then a super long bike ride. Great start to the month! Looking forward to seeing what we all accomplish.
  • jm216
    Options
    KakoHikes wrote: »
    Happy July! Normally have been working out inside with ring fit adventure, instead went for a walk outside today for the first time in a couple months, my loop with the hill that took my 55 minutes last time, only took 50 this time. The hill was still pretty hard but didn’t have to stop as much and didn’t feel as out of breath. I did miss having a fan blowing on me though :tongue:

Went over my calorie goals on weekend by a couple hundred each day, am thinking it was due to the hot weather and dehydrated more than hungry. Ongoing goal this week is drink more water!

Food today
    Breakfast, slice of wheat toast topped with 2 eggs and sharp cheese
    Lunch- Garam Masala seasoned diced chicken on brown rice
    Dinner Turkey meatloaf and mixed veggie steamer

Snacks Apple, watermelon and roasted carrots

Great exercising and food plan. I love how you’re going through your pantry. Smart choices!
  • jm216
    Options
    07/01 - 233.8

Today was great, ate on plan, exercised an insane amount for me... a long walk and then a super long bike ride. Great start to the month! Looking forward to seeing what we all accomplish.

Nice going Ashley!
  • jm216
    Options
    Here we are day 2!

I did cut the grass and clean the pool yesterday. My Apple Watch counted 60 minutes of exercise…. 14,646 steps… 6.6 miles of getting stuff done. I was over on calories, but logged every morsel. The scale was kind today…down a pound.

Today Roxie and I took an 18 minute walk around the block. Today it’s vacuum dancing and cleaning up the house… then some laps in the pool.

Happy July 2nd!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Hey guys! I went out for a short walk before work today and a longer walk at lunch. Still below my daily step target since I did zip the rest of the day as I was working... but I will finish that up tonight and do a short yoga video as well! On track to eat within my calories too so all is looking well.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    It’s FriYay! Weighed 226.6 this morning, I lost a pound! Exercised for 60 minutes today and fought off a nap after work.
    Did good yesterday but will probably be over my calorie goal today. Having a higher calorie dinner tonight, in addition to lunch that even if I have a healthy snack will be over. I don’t count my exercise calories so it will even out, need to try and plan ahead better. I could still adjust my dinner plans but am really craving a meatloaf sandwich.
  • jm216
    Options
    Nice job, Ashley and Kako!

Here we are with day 3. Off for a walk with the doggo… then time to run errands.

I saw 210.1 on the scale today… down another pound… I actually increased my calorie intake to 1800 calories… and so far so good.

It’s the start of July 4th weekend!! Have fun!

Jill
  • ashleycarole86
    Options
    Morning all! I have a friend's birthday dinner at The Keg, so I've pre-logged my meal already. That way, before the day even starts, I know what I have left before then!

We have lots to do today and some of my movement will be cleaning for sure but I hope to walk and maybe even bike as well!

Enjoy the day.
  • KakoHikes
    Options
    I hope you guys have had a good weekend so far! Have done well on logging and being under calorie goals. Exercised for just over an hour yesterday and about 50 minutes today. Walked outside today thinking it wasn’t that hot out, I was wrong, ended up cutting my walk short and playing ring fit adventure for the rest of the time.

Wore a skirt on Saturday that a few months ago I had to take off right away because I was way to uncomfortable with how tight it was. Was still a smidge tight at the waist band, but I didn’t notice it after a couple minutes and wore it most of the day.

Was able to make last weeks weekly goals. This week same thing, I am aiming to lose a pound, exercise 5 days this week, and log everything. Want to try a new recipe this week and drink at least four bottles of water(my bottle is 22oz).

Have a drs appointment with my new pcp this Thursday(my previous pcp moved out of state), will be discussing my high bp and triglycerides. Drs appointments always make me nervous and am hoping I don’t have to start a new medicine. She is a DO, am hoping that means she won’t push meds unless they are really needed.