I'm getting careless

Options
It's been a *kitten* month diet wise. I've eaten a lot of junk food and lost my focus on my goal. I was doing very well in April and May and had come out of 80s(kg) to 79 kg. I workout a lot and sometimes eat only salad for dinner but still the scale isn't moving. I'm so depressed. How do I get back to it?? :'(

Replies

• Mangoperson88
    Mangoperson88 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    That is such perfect advice @Lietchi I'm from India and chillas are pancakes made of lentils flour. I eat lentils and legumes mostly and I do admit that I don't use a scale. Actually MFP is not all that great when it comes to logging indian meals that's why I eyeball my portion sizes. Isn't there any other way than just weighing? Is that the ultimate solution??
  • SnifterPug
    SnifterPug Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    That is such perfect advice @Lietchi I'm from India and chillas are pancakes made of lentils flour. I eat lentils and legumes mostly and I do admit that I don't use a scale. Actually MFP is not all that great when it comes to logging indian meals that's why I eyeball my portion sizes. Isn't there any other way than just weighing? Is that the ultimate solution??

I don't weigh everything all the time. But since humans tend to be creatures of habit you can use that to your advantage. Weigh the constituent parts of a typical meal. Or better yet, decide how many calories your meal should be and then weigh out ingredients to find out what size they actually are. You might be surprised. Once you know roughly how big any constituent part should be you can work out roughly how many calories are in a restaurant meal, too. Obviously that is really tough for the fats, given you can't actually see how much oil/ghee they have used, but if you double what you might use at home it's probably a fair guess (unless you are very sparing, in which case triple it).

In terms of habit, for example, I have oats, nuts and yogurt with some fruit every day as a snack. I eyeball the portions. But every so often (maybe every 3 months) I pour out the constituents and then weigh, to see how far off I am. I used to drift quite far off (portions too big usually but not always) but now it is surprising how consistent I have become.

• TinaLeigh67
    TinaLeigh67 Posts: 669 Member
    Options

If your pancakes are anything like mine, no two are the same size. I would think weighing would be the best option for things like this. You could have 3 pancakes and all three are different sizes so the calories would be different. I could be wrong, but that seems to make sense to me.