bandandn Posts: 49 Member
When will you see results on a calorie deficit

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    Impossible to say.
    For how long are you at it?
    How much do you want to lose and how big is your deficit?
    Do you use a foodscale and check all database entries for accuracy?
    Are you a woman?
    Are you working out and has your sports routine changed lately?
    Any medical conditions that might make weight loss a bit more difficult or that lead to water weight gain?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Use more words!

No-one knows anything about you, or your situation, or how you are dieting.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,558 Member
    Options
    To give you some more general information. You seem to be a female. Ok. Unless you're very obese it might take up to 6 weeks to see a proper weightloss. Why? Water content in the body fluctuates constantly. This can mask weightloss. In women the menstrual cycle can cause huge water fluctuations, some people gain 5lbs of water in 1-2 days (that's normal). This is not bodyfat, ok? But say you lost 3lbs and suddenly your body holds onto 5lbs of water at that time of the month then you don't see the fat loss on the scale as water of course also has weight. Thus at least 6 weeks to account for one full cycle and a bit extra.
  • bandandn
    bandandn Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    So far lost 11 pounds
    I want to be 169. My calories deficit is 1640 ifs working im loosing 1 pound a day
    I'm a woman i dont exercise but I do house duties
  • craig9930
    craig9930 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think you likely mean "1 pound per week"...because one pound per day while taking in 1640 calories would require you to burn over 5100 calories per day. For someone who doesn't exercise outside of house duties...that's not gonna happen.

Weight loss isn't all that complicated: burn more than you take in. Do that and the inevitable math of energy conversion kicks in and you'll lose weight.
  • MargaretYakoda
    MargaretYakoda Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    craig9930 wrote: »
    I think you likely mean "1 pound per week"...because one pound per day while taking in 1640 calories would require you to burn over 5100 calories per day. For someone who doesn't exercise outside of house duties...that's not gonna happen.

Weight loss isn't all that complicated: burn more than you take in. Do that and the inevitable math of energy conversion kicks in and you'll lose weight.

Keeping in mind that the rate of weight loss can fluctuate depending on hormones and other factors.

The key is to be consistent with diet and exercise (as tolerated) and eventually you will see results.
    And when a plateau happens? Don’t get discouraged. Keep on keeping on.

If you don’t see any results at all in three months, perhaps an appointment with a registered dietitian will help.