Water 💧 just water 💧

Options
Fatboyps5
Fatboyps5 Posts: 20 Member
Never knew how important drinking my required amount of water was, im full of energy, my skin is on 💯 granted i piss a lot 💦🤣 but I'm sleeping better, like everything has improved simply bye drinking 3 litres of Agua, boom 💥

Replies

• Kelly4374
    Kelly4374 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Haha yes, it does the body good
  • mearsyuk88
    mearsyuk88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    How do you know how much you 'should be' drinking?? thanks!
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options

Different people say different things about this, but the best way IMO is to go by your own signs - if you don't feel thirsty, and your urine is pale yellow, then you're set. I no longer measure my water intake precisely because I'm in the habit of drinking enough and I feel good. Sometimes if I have an off day I can tell I haven't had enough water, and drinking some perks me right up.

If you choose to use an external measure (like ounces or ml) then remember to include all liquids. Just like other creatures, we can get water from things that aren't pure water - so not just all beverages but also things like fruit.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options

The easiest way to check if you're adequately hydrated is if your pee is the right colour (light golden colour) if it's a darker colour, you're likely dehydrated and if it's too light then you're over-hydrated. ETA - Bear in mind that some foods such as fruit & veg and other drinks are hydrating, not just plain water.

c6jhigks6uvb.png
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options

Actual hydration needs are individual. I live in the desert at a mile high in elevation and I'm pretty active...my hydration needs will be more than an individual who lives at sea level in a temperate climate who isn't particularly active.

The color and consistency of your urine is a good guide in terms of determining whether or not you are adequately hydrated. Darker colored urine that is "thick" and "cloudy" is a pretty good indicator that you're dehydrated. Clear urine is an indicator that you're overly hydrated. Should be light straw like color and not thick or cloudy.
  • candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    GO FOR CLEAR lol
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    GO FOR CLEAR lol

By your "lol" I think you might have meant this to be facetious, but no, overhydrating can actually cause problems - it throws off your electrolyte balance, which can affect things like blood pressure. Clear means you went too far, eat some salt.