It's Finally Time to Change

Options
Renewed2021
Renewed2021 Posts: 32 Member
This isn't my first time attempting to lose weight. I have tried and failed and tried and failed more times than I can count. I almost feel like an expert in the matter. I know all about good calories and bad calories, what to eat, what not to eat, how much water to drink, what kind of exercises to do, etc. I've got it all in my head, but I have never successfully applied it to myself.

Until now.

Reaching this point is the result of a series of compounded events that have caused me to realize that I need to make changes and being healthy.

It started with my seven year old telling me that he worries about me because I'm fat. I get tired easily and I don't want to run when we play together. I would rather sit in the house than go outside because I'm lazy. I never wanted to be that mom who watched her kid play more than she played with them, but here I am being that woman and I despise myself for it.

It is further compounded by my family history of obesity, heart-attacks, diabetes and cancer. Honestly, I have silent thoughts that I'm diabetic right now. I wouldn't be surprised if I am, especially considering the amount of junk food and sugar I consume every night. I don't want to end up like my aunt who is basically bed bound because she morbidly obese.

The icing on the cake is the realization that I have had about the impact that the food I consume has on my life - not only does it contribute to my overall physical condition, but my mental condition as well. I'm always in a brain fog, I'm always tired and I feel like I'm in a constant daze where I struggle to focus.

I'm tired of being the victim of my poor food choices. I'm tired of being anything other than what God created me to be, and I'm tired of being scared about what's going to happen when I lose the weight. I have to do this. I need to do this. I want to do this. I'm going to do this.

Just watch me succeed.

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    You sound so similar to me. Only my kids were adults before I got myself together. Please don’t wait that long.

How’s it going so far?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,525 Member
    Options
    Yep, you gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Only you can make that decision.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,461 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Yep, you gotta be sick and tired of being sick and tired. Only you can make that decision.

Amen amen amen
  • pdd1216
    pdd1216 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You can do it....day by day!
  • sammssd
    sammssd Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels to start and stop, and backsliding. I started back today, and glad I'm not the only one that feels the same as I do. I have 5 kiddos that need me around, and I'm willing to put in the work! Good luck on your journey! You can do this!