Women Under 4’10

Options
Anyone else under 4’10 trying to lose weight? I’m 4’8 and it’s terrible.
I started my journey last year at this time and have gone from 160 pounds to 123 pounds (yay!), which is great. However I can’t seem to reach my goal weight— The lowest I’ve ever been in my adult life has been 108lbs but I can’t seem to get back down to it.
I’ve hit a plateau recently and have stalled at the 123lbs for two months.
My height/muscle mass puts me at a BMR of ~1090 calories according to the machine at the gym. I’ve been wearing a Fitbit lately which motivates me to stay active—I’m walking 10,000 steps/day, weight training 3 days a week (I do total body work outs, focusing on compound movements and hitting all muscle groups) and doing cardio 2 days a week. According to the Fitbit I burn about 1700 calories a day…but I doubt that’s accurate.
It’s hard for me to maintain a diet of 1200-1300 calories a day which is what MyFitnessPal puts me at. I did that the first year of weight loss and it worked, but since upping my exercise (weight training) I cannot sustain that calorie deficit. Usually I’m eating about 1500 calories a day which makes me feel the best and provides the most energy.

I figured there’s two things I could do—hold off on weight training and cardio—which makes me hungry and therefore I eat 1500 cal/day—-and just focus on eating at a deficit again. Or keep doing what I’m doing and just see if I’m plateauing due to additional muscle.

Replies

• titchy_michelle
    titchy_michelle Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I’m 4f9 and I’m stalling after loosing 2stone since March it’s taking me 2 weeks to loose a 1lb I keep yo-yoing by 2lb I’m down to 118 but need to get to 105. I’ve only ever been able to loose weight with 1000cals (discussed with dr and I’m not recommending it) I’ve also been hitting 15000 steps and over and going HIIT workouts 7 days a week I’ve decided to stop working out for a week 1. To just have a break and 2. To see if it helps it could be I’m loosing too much muscle mass guess it’s just trail and error.