Good Phone Apps

Options
HylesGallii
HylesGallii Posts: 41 Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for some good apps to use for food logging other than MFP while away from my laptop? I know their quality can vary a lot, and I would just use MFP for consistency and being able to sync what I write but my phone has stopped being supported since the last time I was here.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,127 Member
    Options
    Not precisely what you asked, but you can use MFP's website on your phone too, instead of the app?
  • HylesGallii
    Options
    Lietchi wrote: »
    Not precisely what you asked, but you can use MFP's website on your phone too, instead of the app?

I know, but it's been quite impractical to use like this. I'd rather use another app and transfer what I have once I get to my laptop.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,981 Member
    Options
    My phone recently stopped being supported, too. I just type the info into the "memo" app that came pre-installed. If you're transferring it anyway, I don't see how having it in some other app is either than just noting the info for later logging.
  • HylesGallii
    edited July 2021
    Options
    My phone recently stopped being supported, too. I just type the info into the "memo" app that came pre-installed. If you're transferring it anyway, I don't see how having it in some other app is either than just noting the info for later logging.

Mostly I was hoping to find an app with an easy food database like MFP has I suppose. It would be nice to be able to keep track of that sort of thing on the go without having to do so much math and taking photos of labels for later and such, given that I'm often away from my laptop for significant periods.

It's not like it's a huge issue, I only wanted to see if anyone happened to have any other apps they particularly enjoyed which might be nice to explore.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    Could you consider buying a more recent model used phone that would support the app? You can buy used ones dirt cheap.

It’s an investment in “you”.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, MFP still has the most comprehensive food database of all the food-diary apps out there, as far as I know. FatSecret and LoseIt! are the other two I've heard of, and there used to be SparkPeople but that's closing down.
  • Bella_Figura
    Bella_Figura Posts: 3,971 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, MFP still has the most comprehensive food database of all the food-diary apps out there, as far as I know. FatSecret and LoseIt! are the other two I've heard of, and there used to be SparkPeople but that's closing down.

My sister swears by MyNetDiary, but I've not used it myself.