Everybody Be Cool, This Is An Introduction

Options
zamphir79
zamphir79 Posts: 21 Member
If any of you cool cats want to be friends with me, I'll accept every last one of you.

Replies

• Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little about your journey.
  • zamphir79
    zamphir79 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Tell us a little about your journey.

I've been on a seesaw for the past 10 years. I want off! Today is as good a time as any.

I like to cook, so that's a bonus.

Sadly, I'm way out of running shape. I used to run quite a bit. That's another thing to fix!
  • Sixteen_Tons
    Sixteen_Tons Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    My seesaw is 30+ years long, lost 100 pounds 10 years ago, kept 62 of it off. I really don't know why... After that the good ship Sixteen_Tons hit the rocks. Last week I said enough, I want to do things my weight is preventing, it's a strange goal, but, I want to buy a good suit (Armani, Versace etc....) and have it fit just right (Hmmm, never knew I was a clothes horse!). Mostly I never want to darken the door of a 'Big & Tall' store ever again!

I also like to cook, it gives you a big leg up. It allows you to tailor your calories to your preferences.

Fight the battle on one front at a time. I'm barely in walking shape, but, it's more important to get my eating under control. Once I lose some weight I can start to slowly ramp up my activity, like being able to walk to the end of my driveway with out being out of breath. Don't laugh ,it's a 300 foot driveway, for me it's Mt Everest.

I don't know if you want advice as well as support, so here's my rules for this go around...

Choose any diet that's healthy & suits your tastes & lifestyle there's no wrong answer.

Don't lie to yourself or try to rationalize it away. If you had a day when you didn't meet your goals. Acknowledge it, take ownership, reflect on what caused it, and develop a strategy to avoid the trigger.

I sure don't have all the answers, or I'd have met my target weight long ago.

I hope this aids your journey.