What irks you today?

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    Flood waters. Its going to take me 20 more minutes of back roads to get to town. 😐

I saw the floods on the news and was thinking, oh no not again! Stay safe. And dry.

Thanks Reenie.. yep AGAAAAIN 😔

You take care of yourself.. glad your leg is feeling better 🤗
  • twitchymcgee
    twitchymcgee Posts: 769 Member
    MelG7777 wrote: »
    Someone called me “princess” today.

And I’m actually a little p’ed off that wasn’t my irk and I didn’t hate it.

I get the same feeling when I am called "good girl"

like..I should feel irked by this (because I am a grown woman) but...yes..yes I am very good so thank you for noticing. :D:D:D

Right? Despite being super girly and all the things I’m SO far from being a princess and ever being treated like one (whatever that even means) so that’s not something I’m used to hearing. I’m the *kitten* changing headlights and taking my dishwasher apart. Someday I’m going to start pretending like I can’t do things to find princess treatment.
    I actually can’t always do those things but YouTube makes me believe I can so I usually try.

I just spent $30 getting my headlight fixed. I should watch tutorials

Changed mine on my own as well but it took YouTube and two other females because I drive an old *kitten* car and it was tricky.

Sometimes paying for the service is just...better lol 😆

But how accomplished you must feel! 🌟

• MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,010 Member

like..I should feel irked by this (because I am a grown woman) but...yes..yes I am very good so thank you for noticing. :D:D:D

Right? Despite being super girly and all the things I’m SO far from being a princess and ever being treated like one (whatever that even means) so that’s not something I’m used to hearing. I’m the *kitten* changing headlights and taking my dishwasher apart. Someday I’m going to start pretending like I can’t do things to find princess treatment.
    I actually can’t always do those things but YouTube makes me believe I can so I usually try.

I think it’s smart. Idk why TF I do the things I do. One time I brought in my working headlight and threw it away at the parts store and changed the wrong one.🏆 Save yourself the time and frustration. Last time I had the oil change place change 3 random bulbs.

But pro tip:
    One time I needed a new headlight (like a year and a half ago). It was winter and so cold so I put it off. I still had one working one so, not bad. I bought it and had it in my car for ages. And, as luck would have it my transmission went out. I had to have it rebuilt. They saw the light and had pity on me and changed it. Win/Win/Win?

• MelG7777

I had a whole response for ya on this and then I realized I was definitely giving away too much info about my private life and um...princess treatment 🤣🤣

But yes. 100% understand

😂😂I’ve started deleting things before I post WAY more often here. Believe it or not.
  • twitchymcgee
    edited July 2022

I think it’s smart. Idk why TF I do the things I do. One time I brought in my working headlight and threw it away at the parts store and changed the wrong one.🏆 Save yourself the time and frustration. Last time I had the oil change place change 3 random bulbs.

But pro tip:
    One time I needed a new headlight (like a year and a half ago). It was winter and so cold so I put it off. I still had one working one so, not bad. I bought it and had it in my car for ages. And, as luck would have it my transmission went out. I had to have it rebuilt. They saw the light and had pity on me and changed it. Win/Win/Win?

You have the best stories😊. I think I should be your Ethel
  • jodear8125
    jodear8125 Posts: 32 Member
    glassyo wrote: »
    jodear8125 wrote: »
    Some people. Don’t think before they speak.. I know I’m fat old and ugly as fk but your not supposed to agree with me! 🥴

Is this picture you? Cuz...uh...no? 😁
    Yea tis moi 😜
    Some people. Don’t think before they speak.. I know I’m fat old and ugly as fk but your not supposed to agree with me! 🥴

Gimme a name.. someone needs a thumping 😡 you're none of those things.

Just the hubby, he loves me really .. I think 🤔
  • twitchymcgee
    edited July 2022

OMG, I'm pretty sure a fuse blew in my car because some info (like total mileage) is gone. And that's what I need for my insurance to keep a discount but anyway...

I watched a couple youtube videos and figured it was easy enough. I was looking under the hood in the fuse box but the hood attacked me and...yeah...I'll be stopping off at my favorite car repair place tomorrow morning.

They have Madeleines!

I love these adventures in car repair stories 😂.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member

Yea tis moi 😜

Your hubby said that? Ooooh.....them's fightin' words.
  • jodear8125
    jodear8125 Posts: 32 Member

Yea tis moi 😜

Your hubby said that? Ooooh.....them's fightin' words.

Haha I’m not gonna bite … ignorance is bliss 😁

• ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I used youtube to fix our dryer. I was so proud of myself. :)
    It wasn't heating so I replaced everything they told me to replace.
    And it worked!!! For 1 drying cycle. :/
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,188 Member
    edited July 2022
    I used youtube to fix our dryer. I was so proud of myself. :)
    It wasn't heating so I replaced everything they told me to replace.
    And it worked!!! For 1 drying cycle. :/

I used YouTube for a washer repair. I had to use my car jack as well as a 2x4 to make the repair happen. I've also fixed my dishwasher many times, I installed our new fridge hooking it up to the water for the ice maker.

I tend to believe I can do all these things myself. Usually it works with only minor cuts, scrapes and bruises.

But it's fun to repair stuff. I never do stuff super well but I always feel so accomplished once I do it
  • Alinouveau2

People often think of me as a princess probably cause of my disdain for country living... I grew up in the country and even then thought city living was more for me.

I like nice things but I haven't had a hair cut, by a professional, in 3 years, I never get my nails done because both of these things take too much time. I'm usually covered in scrapes and bruises because I'm clumsy and like to try to be sporty.

So ya princess is subjective 🤣😂 I'll take it when it means I can just sit around and be waited on 😀
  • MelG7777

People often think of me as a princess probably cause of my disdain for country living... I grew up in the country and even then thought city living was more for me.

I like nice things but I haven't had a hair cut, by a professional, in 3 years, I never get my nails done because both of these things take too much time. I'm usually covered in scrapes and bruises because I'm clumsy and like to try to be sporty.

So ya princess is subjective 🤣😂 I'll take it when it means I can just sit around and be waited on 😀

Yeah, I guess when you just do things people expect you to do things. I should have held back early on. Lol. I haven’t had my hair cut by anyone else in 9 years.🙈But I do get my nails done. I hate sitting there for it. I’m gonna quit. Lol

I think people probably THINK I think of myself as a princess. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

• Alinouveau2

Yeah, I guess when you just do things people expect you to do things. I should have held back early on. Lol. I haven’t had my hair cut by anyone else in 9 years.🙈But I do get my nails done. I hate sitting there for it. I’m gonna quit. Lol

I think people probably THINK I think of myself as a princess. But that couldn’t be farther from the truth.

Fingernail clippings make me want to vomit so last time j had my nails done I think was 15 years ago and I had to have them clean off their work station like every 2 seconds so I just don't bother anymore 😂.

Getting stuff like that done I just think of what else I could be doing. I'd rather be taking a long walk and exploring stuff than sitting still that long.

I think because my sport I'd choice is figure skating and can often be found hanging out with friends over drinks at the club I get the princess designation. I just think it's funny cause I'm the lowest maintenance princess around
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Unintentional perspiration 😒
  • nonchalantxo
    nonchalantxo Posts: 450 Member
    When people are like .." believe you me"

• MelG7777
    Passive aggressiveness
  • R3d_butt3rfly_
    R3d_butt3rfly_ Posts: 1,506 Member
    Today, nothing!! Weird cause something usually does lol
  • honey_honey_12
    honey_honey_12 Posts: 13,472 Member
    Just the unbearable heat 🥵
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    The new activity watch I just bought apparently doesn't display the "the boss is in the office so you have to sit on your butt" calories on the watch itself. Or in the app.